Arshad finally finds his leading lady in DiyaJune 21st, 2008 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) After going through a whole roster of ‘could-be’ leading ladies and hearing a ‘no’ from many of them, Arshad Warsi has finally found a heroine for his first home production - and it’s none other than Diya Mirza. Though Arshad is tight-lipped about his heroine crisis, getting the right girl for his first film to be directed by Kabeer Kaushik has not been easy. Tentatively titled “I Believe In Angels”, the film is to go on floor in London in July.
Said a source close to the actor: “All the girls who were Arshad’s pals turned him down. Arshad is in a peculiar place right now. He’s seen as a natural scene-stealer but not leading-man material. The big heroines are wary of being paired with him. Lara Dutta said no to ‘Short Cut’ though it was an Anil Kapoor production when she heard Arshad was one of the leading men.”
But Diya gladly said yes.
“First of all I’ve always enjoyed Arshad’s performances and it’s an honour to be in a film produced by him. Then when I heard the script, I simply fell in love with my role and the script. Every character is so beautifully written and I’m sure Arshad’s first production is going to turn out to be very special,” the Bollywood beauty said.
Diya plays a very sweet angelic character in “I Believe In Angels”.
“I’ve that image. And I suit it. Though I’m not bound by the sweet image, I don’t mind being perceived as ideal for angelic roles at a time when every second girl enjoys playing the wicked ones.”
- Kannada fim 'Bete' sheer waste of time (Kannada film review) - Dec 25, 2011
- Watch 'Delhi In A Day', a complete package (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 23, 2012
- New actors are lured by glamour: Rajendra Gupta - Nov 21, 2011
- Kangna to match steps with Madhuri in 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Jun 21, 2012
- Actresses end up playing wives and girlfriends: Lara Dutta (Interview) - Apr 30, 2011
- Arshad Warsi finds sequels risky, but excited about 'Ishqiya 2' - May 26, 2011
- 'Shourya' is a complete Darshan show (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 21, 2010
- Neha Dhupia happy with 'Maximum' look - Jun 19, 2012
- Jolie excited about wearing horns in 'Maleficent' - Mar 27, 2012
- Women aboard the Dhamaal 2 train - Apr 23, 2010
- All set for makeover: Prachi Desai - Aug 25, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' language might offend some: Director - May 16, 2011
- 'Ishqiya' director moves from badlands to city - Mar 04, 2011
- I did make suggestions for changes in 'Heroine': Arjun - Nov 24, 2011
- Bhagnani wants to launch new face opposite son Jackky - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: angels, anil kapoor, arshad warsi, diya mirza, girls, heroine, heroines, honour, june 21, kaushik, lara dutta, leading lady, leading man, leading men, mumbai, pals, peculiar place, right girl, scene stealer, subhash k jha