Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver split after 25 yearsMay 10th, 2011 - 2:23 pm ICT by BNO News
LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) — Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife Maria Shriver on late Monday evening announced they are separating after a 25-year marriage.
Schwarzenegger and Shriver made the announcement in a joint statement in which they asked for ‘compassion and respect’ from both the media and the public.
“This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us,” the couple said. “After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart, while we work on the future of our relationship.”
Schwarzenegger and Shriver married in April 1986 and have four children; Katherine, Christina, Patrick, and Christopher. “We are continuing to parent our four children together,” the couple said in Monday’s statement. “They are the light and the center of both of our lives.”
Schwarzenegger served as the 38th Governor of California from November 2003 until January of this year. He will now return to acting, which made the Austrian-born actor a worldwide star.
Shriver is a journalist who was First Lady of California while her husband was governor. She is also a part of the Kennedy family, and her father Sargent Shriver is best known as the founder of the Peace Corps. Sargent Shriver died in January.
- Schwarzenegger begs wife for second chance - May 28, 2011
- Schwarzenegger pays for child support to Shriver - Jun 22, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is a tough dad when it comes to green matters - Aug 06, 2010
- Schwarzenegger, Shriver part ways after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- Schwarzenegger, wife reunite for birthday - Aug 02, 2011
- Schwarzenegger's wife files for divorce - Jul 02, 2011
- Shriver to move near Schwarzenegger - Jul 09, 2011
- U.S First Lady Along With Several Others Pay Tribute To Sargent Shriver - Jan 23, 2011
- Maria Shriver spends Memorial Day with her children - May 31, 2011
- Wife forced Schwarzenegger to admit love child - May 20, 2011
- I love my family: Schwarzenegger's son - May 18, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Peace Corps Founder, Sargent Shriver Dies At 95 - Jan 19, 2011
- Schwarzenegger, Shriver reunite for X-mas - Dec 27, 2011
- Schwarzenegger has secret lovechild! - May 17, 2011
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, bno, born actor, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, christina patrick, compassion, first lady, governor arnold schwarzenegger, governor of california, journalist, kennedy family, maria shriver, news former, peace corps, professional transition, reflection, sargent shriver, wife maria, worldwide star