Arnold Schwarzenegger might play sheriff in an upcoming movieApril 9th, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Arnold Schwarzenegger announced his comeback on the giant screens after stepping out of politics early this year. True to his promise, the “Terminator” man is said to be in talks to play a sheriff in an upcoming crime thriller.
The movie titled “The Last Stand” is about a sheriff’s determination to stop a drug cartel leader from escaping to Mexico. The movie may start filming this August. Jee-Woon Kim who directed the Korean movie “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” will be directing the Lionsgate project.
The agency representing Schwarzenegger, Creative Artists Agency, did not confirm the report. The action man’s involvement in the project was first announced in Poland by the media. This is not the only project that Schwarzenegger has been linked with since he announced his comeback.
The former Governor of California has been linked with projects like the World War II story “With Wings Eagles.” Schwarzenegger has also been linked with the remake of “Predator” and the “Marathon Man”.
Schwarzenegger stepped down as a Governor in January. Just before he entered into politics in 2003, Schwarzenegger announced stepping out of movies. He only made some brief cameos in videos when he was in office.
- Schwarzenegger to replace Neeson in action thriller? - Apr 11, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to announce his TV series - Mar 25, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger all set to star in 'Terminator' - Apr 27, 2011
- Schwarzenegger & DeVito to appear in 'Twins 2'? - May 10, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shoots for 'The Last Stand' - Nov 05, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to shoot for 'Last Stand' - Jul 12, 2011
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- Texas Governor Rick Perry Does Cameo In "Deep In The Heart" - Jan 16, 2011
- Schwarzenegger back on 'Terminator' series - Apr 28, 2011
- Arnie planning to reprise his career as Hollywood action hero - Feb 11, 2011
- 'Terminator' Arnie to return as cartoon superhero 'Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Arnie may soon return to silver screen - Oct 27, 2010
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Schwarzenegger to quit politics next year - Nov 20, 2009
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to play 'The Terminator' again - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: action man, arnold schwarzenegger, cameos, creative artists agency, crime thriller, drug cartel, eagles, giant screens, governor of california, last stand, marathon man, mexico, poland, predator, terminator, wings, woon, world war ii