Arnie says drugs has no place in sportsFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 23 (ANI): California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that theres no place for drugs in sports these days.
Appearing on CNN’’s State of the Union programme, the former action film star said that top athletes are role models for young people and those trying to stay fit, reports the Daily Express.
Schwarzenegger has admitted that competition leads athletes to use drugs, but suggests that they should, “Come out, be clean and say, ”Look, I used that, I made a mistake”.”
Schwarzenegger added that not using drugs or alcohol should always be a part of the message aimed at kids involved sports.
The star has admitted using steroids in his bodybuilding days, long before they became illegal without a prescription. (ANI)
- Russian bodybuilder Alexander Nevsky crowned Mr. Universe - Oct 30, 2010
- Arnold Schwarzenegger inspects his larger-than-life clay sculpture - Feb 18, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Jane Seymour says that Arnold Schwarzenegger has other love children as well - May 23, 2011
- Schwarzenegger immortalised in bronze - Sep 27, 2011
- Punjab swoops down, cancels chemists' licences after dope taint (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'The Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Schwarzenegger stubs out California smoking ban - May 04, 2010
- Schwarzenegger to pen autobiography - Sep 23, 2011
- Crackdown on chemist shops near NIS, Patiala - Jul 06, 2011
- No one cares if you smoke a joint: Schwarzenegger - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Law & Order' to take on Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity saga - Jul 20, 2011
- Medvedev accepts Schwarzenegger invite for skiing - Jan 04, 2011
- Arnold, Schwarzenegger scolded over leaked 'hot legislator' phone chat - Dec 27, 2010
- Arnie making a comeback on big screen with 'Cry Macho' - May 04, 2011
Tags: action film, alcohol, arnold schwarzenegger, bodybuilding, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, cnn, daily express, drugs in sports, governor arnold schwarzenegger, london feb, mistake, role models, sports london, state of the union, using steroids