Arnie memorabilia smashed by protesters angry at tax increase plansMarch 9th, 2009 - 6:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 9 (ANI): People in California staged protests against governor Arnold Schwarzenegger over his plans to increase taxes.
Fuming protesters smashed Hollywood hardmans videos and DVDs in a protest against his Proposition 1A budget plans to increase sales tax and motor license payments across the state in Fullerton, reports Contactmusic.
The activists waved placards and also decapitated latex Schwarzenegger heads.
However, Schwarzenegger insists his initiative, which will be voted upon in May (09), is “absolutely essential” for the short-term and long-term survival and prosperity of cash-strapped California. (ANI)
- California Governor Schwarzenegger applauds lifting of ban against same-sex marriage - Aug 13, 2010
- 'Schwarzenegger hid sex life as adeptly as Pakistan hid Osama' - May 24, 2011
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- California Federal Judge Vaughn Walker Overturns Proposition 8 - Aug 05, 2010
- Schwarzenegger puts acting career on hold - May 20, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to meet former mistress, son - Jul 12, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Accepts Suggestions to Return to Acting - Feb 12, 2011
- Schwarzenegger, wife reunite for birthday - Aug 02, 2011
- Schwarzenegger inks budget, ends California cash crisis - Jul 29, 2009
- Air India to clear dues by Saturday (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Schwarzenegger in talks for 'True Lies' sequel - Mar 23, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to announce his TV series - Mar 25, 2011
- Arnie not building home in Queenstown - May 02, 2009
- Am aware of Air India's woes, solution soon: PM - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: activists, arnold schwarzenegger, budget, dvds, fullerton, governor arnold schwarzenegger, hardmans, hollywood, initiative, latex, memorabilia, proposition 1a, prosperity, protest, protesters, protests, sales tax, term survival