Arnie insists marijuana is not a drug, just a leaf!November 14th, 2007 - 3:00 am ICT by admin
“That is not a drug. It’s a leaf. My drug was pumping iron, trust me,” the Independent quoted him, as saying.
The 60-year-old also refused to condemn politicians who took drugs and said it was not necessarily a matter of public interest.
However, Aaron McLear, Schwarzenegger’s press secretary, said that the governor made the comments in a very light-hearted context, asserting his interviewer was Piers Morgan, one of the judges on “America’s Got Talent”.
“The governor was doing an interview with the host of ‘America’s Got Talent,’ the newest version of the gong show. I think it’s important to keep that quote in the context of the environment where it was said,” McLear said.
“Of course the governor understands marijuana is a drug. It’s like when he goes on Leno or the Daily Show, if you took something like that out of context, it might seem shocking but it was in a silly entertainment context,” he added.
In the same interview, Schwarzenegger listed former British Prime Minister Tony Blair as one of the greatest leaders in history, along with former South African President Nelson Mandela, Presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan and ex-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
Asked if he would include President George W. Bush on the list, Schwarzenegger, who is a Republican, said: “I would say that I was … very fond of his father. I worked for President Bush Sr., and he was a great man.” (ANI)
- I would run for U.S. President if law were changed: Schwarzenegger - May 01, 2010
- Arnie posts his breakfast of oatmeal on Twitter - Oct 13, 2009
- Republican Abel Maldonado Nominated As Lieutenant Governor By Governer Arnold Schwarzenegger - Nov 24, 2009
- Arnold Schwarzenegger declared California a bear statue - Apr 08, 2009
- Arnie not building home in Queenstown - May 02, 2009
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Declines Working As A Fluffer - May 01, 2010
- No one cares if you smoke a joint: Schwarzenegger - Nov 09, 2010
- Gorbachev accuses Putin of obstructing democracy in Russia - Oct 27, 2010
- Arnie's wife in trouble over talking on phone while driving - Oct 14, 2009
- The Californian State To Deliver An Imbursement Of $20 Million To The Kidnapped Victim, Jaycee Dugard - Jul 02, 2010
- Jane Seymour says that Arnold Schwarzenegger has other love children as well - May 23, 2011
- Gorbachev urges Russia election re-run - Dec 24, 2011
- Congrats Abhishek, we should get together: Arnie - Feb 03, 2012
- Arnie's plane makes emergency landing - Jun 20, 2009
- Schwarzenegger honors Harvey with 'Harvey Milk Day' - Oct 13, 2009
Tags: british prime minister tony blair, gong show, governor of california, gq magazine, greatest leaders, hollywood star, leaders in history, marijuana, mikhail gorbachev, piers morgan, president bush, president nelson mandela, prime minister tony blair, pumping iron, ronald reagan, schwarzenegger, silly entertainment, smoking a joint, south african president, taken drugs