Arjun Rampal’s perfume to be launched Jan 12January 7th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 7 (IANS) After nearly two years of negotiations, discussions, trials and delays, Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal’s perfume is finally ready to be launched in Mumbai Jan 12.
Arjun’s perfume, Alive, is produced by Drom Fragrances International, and will be available in two different scents to begin with.
The perfume line will be distributed by Baccarose, a distribution chain responsible for brands like Burberry, Cartier, Caroline Herrera, Azzaro, Elizabeth Arden, Ferrari and Prada.
So far, only two other Bollywood actors — Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan — have perfumes to their credit, handpicked, manufactured and marketed by them.
It took Arjun more than six months to select the fragrance for his perfume.
“Selecting a fragrance for a perfume is an extremely time-consuming and tough task.It took me six months to do so. One can’t allot more than three hours a day to savouring scents because after that your sense of smell goes for a toss,” said Arjun.
“I had to continue trying the fragrance and in between I had to dunk my head into pots of coffee to stop my olfactory senses from shutting down. But you know what? It’s finally all been worth it,” he added.
After Arjun had finally shortlisted the fragrances, he invited all his friends from the film industry for a smelling party.
“Unanimaously, they all liked the best the two fragrances that I had selected. Those are the two scents that have gone into the two perfumes that I am putting out,” said Arjun.
When asked about the poor success ratio of Bollywood’s denizens in the field of fragrance, he said: “I’ve done my best. Picked the scents that I think are unique and likable. I personally am very fond of perfumes. I think they give every individual a sense of confidence and an identity. I am hoping to increase my range of perfumes in the coming months.”
- Taylor Swift to come up with her first fragrance - Nov 02, 2010
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- I'd gift my perfume to Deepika, Ranbir: Arjun Rampal - Jan 13, 2012
- Swift's perfume has 'everything' - Oct 22, 2011
- Britney Spears to release two-in-one fragrance - May 24, 2012
- Lady Gaga explains 'blood and semen' content in new perfume - Mar 01, 2011
- Rihanna to launch male fragrance - Apr 06, 2012
- Elixir will reveal my sensuous side: Shakira - Jul 14, 2012
- Taylor Swift to launch own fragrance - Nov 02, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wanted mysterious fragrance - Jun 06, 2012
- Eva by Eva Longoria perfect formula to attract man - Oct 02, 2010
- Powerful fragrances work better in winter: Tom Ford - Dec 31, 2011
- Justin Bieber to create fragrance for women - May 21, 2011
- Jessica Simpson's perfume called 'I Fancy You' - Jul 08, 2011
- Nicole Richie to launch fragrance - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: actor arjun, amitabh bachchan, arjun rampal, azzaro, bollywood actors, caroline herrera, denizens, distribution chain, elizabeth arden, film industry, fragrance, jan 7, olfactory senses, perfume line, perfumes, poor success, scents, sense of smell, shah rukh khan, success ratio