Arjun not interested in cameos, but does one for David DhawanFebruary 10th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Feb 10 (IANS) He doesn’t want to do cameos right now, but Arjun Rampal has agreed to play a small part in David Dhawan’s “Rascals” and none other than Sanjay Dutt, producer of the movie, convinced him to accept the offer. “Yes, I finally agreed to do ‘Rascals’. I always wanted to work with David Dhawan. And it is Sanjay Dutt’s first production. So all the more special. I’ve about 20 days’ work. However, cameos as a rule are not what I’m looking for in my career right now,” said Arjun before leaving for Bangkok to shoot for his part in the movie.
Initially Arjun said no to the role and informed Dhawan of his inability to accept the offer of the film that also has Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn.
Says a source: “Although Arjun was tempted to work with David Dhawan for the first time the last thing he wanted do was to get into the cameo space again. Repeatedly, filmmakers have put Arjun in the cameo space with the promise of bigger roles later. Karan Johar and Farhan Akhtar had given Arjun walk-on parts in ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’ and ‘Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd’. These led to sizeable parts in ‘We Are Family’ and ‘Rock On’. But now Arjun is done with cameos.”
The 38-year-old Arjun is also looking forward to seeing how audiences react to his part of the main antagonist in “Ra.1.”
“I’ve played the bad guy successfully in ‘Om Shanti Om’. Even ‘Raajneeti’ had shades of grey. So there’s no apprehension about acceptability as a villain. At the end of the day, a good role is a good role, black or white or grey. I’m happy with the way my career has shaped up,” he said.
- 'Rascals' debacle: Sanjay Dutt tells David Dhawan to chill - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' is 'hatke': Aamir (Movie Snippets) - Nov 20, 2010
- Bachchan, Prakash Jha to launch 'Rascals' promo - Aug 09, 2011
- Vidya Balan Loses Rascals For Leaving Dhamaal 2 - Aug 04, 2010
- Salman will watch 'Rascals' - Oct 03, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt's 'Rascals' set for Dussehra release (With Image) - Jun 24, 2011
- Sanjay and I are like brothers: Ajay - Oct 03, 2011
- When Salman's wish became Sanjay, Ajay's command! - Feb 21, 2011
- Sanjay, Ajay 'Ready' to meet Salman in Bangkok - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Rascals' -an unfunny comedy (IANS Movie Review - Rating: *1/2) - Oct 06, 2011
- I want to be a contributor rather than a liability: Arjun Rampal - May 05, 2011
- Salman's RSVP to David Dhawan from Cuba - Feb 11, 2012
- No change in Sanjay since 20 years: David Dhawan - Oct 06, 2011
- Amitabh unveils first look of Sanjay Dutt's 'Rascals' - Aug 12, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor sings for sex workers (Movie Snippets) - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: acceptability, ajay, antagonist, apprehension, arjun rampal, audiences, bangkok, cameos, david dhawan, farhan akhtar, honeymoon travels pvt, honeymoon travels pvt ltd, johar, mumbai, om, rascals, sanjay dutt, shades of grey, subhash k jha, villain