Arjun Kapoor to play Yamraj in street play? (Movie Snippets)May 10th, 2012 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) Actor Arjun Kapoor, awaiting the release of his debut film “Ishaqzaade”, polished his acting skills with several street plays. After the release of his film, he might feature in another such play as Yamraj.
“He is very enthusiastic about street plays and wants to continue with them. He is quite excited to play Yamraj in his next street play,” said a source.
Arjun started being a part of street plays as a hobby though filmmaking was always at the back of his mind. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of his filmmaker father Boney Kapoor, and be a director. But destiny had other plans for him.
His film, directed by Habib Faisal and produced by Yash Raj Films, also features Parineeti Chopra.
Esha, Bipasha bond over ‘Raaz 3′
Bollywood newcomer Esha Gupta says she has been a fan of Bipasha Basu, with whom she shares screen space in “Raaz 3″.
“I have been a big fan of Bipasha. I have seen her on the big screen and the scene in which she comes out of the sea wearing a white gown (in ‘Jism’). Left a strong impact on me. In fact not only on me, but millions in our country and I was one of those. Now I am really honoured that she is my co-star in ‘Raaz 3′,” Esha told IANS.
Esha, who is creating waves with her performance in “Jannat 2″, was conscious that Bipasha is her senior and so she made it a point not to have many retakes.
“Bipasha made my presence felt because she is someone who is very secure.I wasn’t intimated, but I was definitely nervous because I didn’t want to give many retakes and make a star like her wait,” the 27-year-old said.
“She is lovely. She makes sure that she gives you all the attention and helps you. I didn’t feel that I was not in the film, because the film revolves around three of us… So all three of us - me, Emraan (Hashmi) and Bipasha - have our own part in the movie,” she added.
“Raaz 3″ is directed by Mohit Suri.
I’ll always be a Delhi girl: Sugandha Garg
Actress Sugandha Garg, known for her roles in films like “Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na” and “Tere Bin Laden”, says where ever she goes and lives, she will always be a Delhi girl at heart. She even wants to buy a house here.
“I will always be a Delhi girl even if I go and live in Antarctica. The city is my home and I have great affection for this place. I would love to buy a home here so that I live here and in Mumbai too,” said the actress.
The 28-year-old, married to Raghu Ram, the man behind MTV’s popular show “Roadies”, pursued her graduation from Maitreyi College, Delhi University. She considers herself lucky to have studied here.
“I am very happy that I am a DU pass-out and it will always be very close to my heart. It is so alive, vibrant and a there are a lot of extra-curricular activities,” she said.
The actress is busy hosting travel show “It Happens Only in India” on Fox Traveller these days. The show went on air Sunday.
- I've never been conscious of my body: Bipasha - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' shows actors' struggle in life - Aug 01, 2012
- Sonam busy with 'Raanjhnaa' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 29, 2012
- Emraan Hashmi done with sequels - Sep 05, 2012
- Mix of horror, thrill in 'Raaz 3' (IANS preview) - Sep 05, 2012
- Superstars are remembered only when they die: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Aug 24, 2012
- Bipasha will win all the awards for 'Raaz 3': Dino Morea - Sep 12, 2012
- Bipasha scared of her own laughter - Jul 31, 2012
- Can't compare myself with Bipasha: Esha Gupta - Aug 08, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- We all are prisoners of fame: Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 31, 2012
- It's not easy to scare me: Esha Gupta - Aug 22, 2012
- Emraan's 'Raaz 3', TDP characters are poles apart - Sep 02, 2012
- I don't think I can get better than 'Raaz 3': Bipasha - Aug 25, 2012
- Another horror film for Bipasha? - Sep 20, 2012
Tags: acting skills, actor arjun, arjun kapoor, bipasha basu, chopra, co star, debut film, emraan hashmi, faisal, footsteps, gupta, habib, jannat, newcomer, raaz, screen space, snippets, suri, white gown, yash raj films