Arjun collaborating with Percept for music festApril 2nd, 2012 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) Arjun Rampal, who got international pop icon Lady Gaga to perform in India last year, is collaborating with Percept Ltd to create a music festival in major cities, sources say. The ambitious venture is called Lost.
“Arjun and Shailendra Singh of Percept have brainstormed over months, working out the details of the music festival property. It will be modelled on the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, UK. Artists and musicians of the stature of Elton John, U2, Madonna and Prince and Britney Spears and Rihanna are expected to come to India for the Lost festival,” said a source.
“Because Arjun and Shailendra felt that music lovers in India need a platform where they are lost to gain a sense of musical liberation,” said the source.
Lost is expected to kickstart in the second half of the year. The music festival is being planned on a sprawling 30-acre stretch of land.
“Arjun and Percept want to create the largest most keenly-attended music festival in India. They start with the first concert in Mumbai and then proceed to have three festivals each year in different cities of the world…
“The idea is to bring the best musical talents from the world to India. Arjun has already started creating a bank of potential performers. The success of the Gaga concert last year has truly encouraged Arjun. He feels it’s time India acquired a global image for cultural and musical events,” said the source.
The deal is expected to be officially announced next week.
Arjun and Singh remained unavailable for comment.
- Moss loses engagement ring - Jun 28, 2011
- Fatboy Slim comes to India, promises phenomenal evening - Apr 29, 2012
- Stars, listeners bridge gap as music booms in India - Oct 30, 2011
- Sir Elton John Tied Up With Mathew Morrison For An Album - Oct 12, 2010
- Gaga gifts her shades for SRK's daughter - Oct 31, 2011
- Electronic Music Festival Sunburn 2010 To Conclude Today In Goa - Dec 29, 2010
- Put on your dancing shoes, Sunburn festival is back - Dec 07, 2010
- U2 to headline Glastonbury 2011? - Jun 07, 2010
- India prepares for the F1 after-parties - Oct 25, 2011
- Gaga sings with sitar for Indian fans - Oct 31, 2011
- Live fever grips B-town promotions - Nov 04, 2011
- Rajasthani touch at British queen's celebrations - Apr 28, 2012
- Elton John says that Madonna is a fairground stripper - Aug 06, 2012
- Lily Allen to spend honeymoon at Glastonbury - May 21, 2011
- Gaga to perform at Formula-1 after party: Arjun Rampal - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: acre stretch, ambitious venture, arjun rampal, britney spears, cities of the world, glastonbury festival, global image, international pop, music fest, music festival, music lovers, musical talents, percept, pop icon, rihanna, shailendra singh, somerset uk, stature, time india, uk artists