Arjan Bajwa hopes ‘Fashion’ will be turning point in careerOctober 28th, 2008 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) Ten films old and with two projects in his kitty, model-turned-actor Arjan Bajwa who has already received recognition from Madhur Bhandarkar’s much-awaited “Fashion” is hopeful that the movie might prove as a turning point in his career.“ ‘Fashion’ is the biggest thing that has happened to me till date. It’s been a long, hard struggle since I came here in 2001 from Delhi to make it big. It takes a lot of guts and patience to hold yourself that long. I am hoping ‘Fashion’ should be a turning point in my career,” Bajwa told IANS in an interview.
Releasing Wednesday, “Fashion” is a dark tale about the style industry and also stars Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, debutante Mughda Godse, Arbaaz Khan and many of the who’s who of the fashion fraternity.
Bajwa forayed in Bollywood with Sandesh Kohli’s box office dud “Woh Tera Naam Tha” (2004) before getting a break in Mani Ratnam’s “Guru” (2007) and a role in “Summer of 2007″ this year.
He however, started his career as a model for commercials and was soon roped in by the south film industry.
“I was a little fortunate that initially only after I did a few commercials and advertisements, I got a chance to work in south films. That way I did my first film in 2001 and have done six Telugu films so far and four Hindi films counting ‘Fashion’,” revealed the actor who is also a black belt in Taekwondo, a southeastern Korean martial art.
On being asked how did Madhur Bhandarkar sign him for “Fashion”, Bajwa shared: “I had known Madhur from before. He had seen my work both in films and advertisements but I was recommended to him by the dialogue writer of ‘Fashion’ - Niranjan Iyengar. It was a great compliment for me when Madhur cast me in hs film without even testing me and that too opposite Priyanka Chopra.”
Bajwa plays an aspiring model in the film, who is very idealstic.
“I play an aspiring fashion model Maanav Bhasin. He works on his own terms and conditions. He is a very strong headed, stubborn and idealistic kind of guy who does not believe in taking short cuts to fame. He takes the hard path and faces a lot of rejection and humiliation initially but ultimately becomes successful,” he said.
The actor refused to divulge any details about his future projects with just informing that one of the two is a “larger-than-life action film.”
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
- I am not gender-biased: Bhandarkar - Aug 29, 2012
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
- Bollywood wakes up to women-centric themes - Dec 10, 2011
- Now Shillpi Sharma joins 'Heroine' cast - Mar 11, 2012
- Priyanka's charm evergreen, says Bhandarkar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 07, 2012
- Walking on ramp has become a cliche: Mugdha Godse - Aug 08, 2011
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- Male models have short life: Model Sahil Shroff - Nov 23, 2011
- No creativity in daily soaps: Karan Kundra (With Images) - Mar 29, 2012
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Big B touched by media's restraint (Movie Snippets) - Nov 09, 2011
- National Award was totally unexpected: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Jan 23, 2010
- 'Chandni Bar', 'Fashion' to be screened in Berlin - Aug 13, 2012