Arif Zakaria game for exciting cameosJuly 31st, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) Last seen as a cop in “Jannat 2″, Arif Zakaria will now be seen in “Jism 2″ and says he has no problem in doing cameos which allow him to showcase something different.
“If it’s an interesting cameo then why not? If it’s a good role I don’t mind taking it up. A small role like this is much better sometimes than being in every scene in a film. If it’s written and presented well, I will take it up,” said Arif.
The actor, who will also be seen in a small role in “Krrish 3″, said: “My part in the film is brief but very interesting and is in the context of the film.”
His other upcoming projects include “Lootera” and “Shootout at Wadala”.
He has also started shooting for a Hindi film titled “Blue Mountain” by Bengali director and adman Sumanto Chattopadhyay.
Starting his acting career with theatre, the actor moved to television and films.
Arif has acted in numerous TV serials like “Chunauti”, “Karambhoomi”, “Mrityudand” and “Campus”.
He is best known for his role as Emmi Begum in 1997 release “Darmiyaan: In Between”, for which he received a National Film Award nomination.
His other important big screen projects include “Earth 1947″, “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi” and “Haunted”.
Even though some of his work has been critically acclaimed, Arif has managed to maintain a low profile in the industry.
“It is a conscious decision to maintain a low profile. But the flip side is that you get limited offers. So I have tried to take up the best options, which have been offered to me. There have been some films that I did in the past, which didn’t do well while some were good,” he said.
- Arif Zakaria to play cop in 'Jannat 2' (With Images) - Jan 13, 2012
- Salman's soft spot for Katrina (Movie Snippets) - Aug 03, 2012
- Shiney set for second innings, thanks Bharat Shah - Nov 08, 2011
- Shiney hopes to shine again after 'Ghost' - Nov 28, 2011
- People couldn't imagine me in a commercial role: Chitrangada - Nov 18, 2011
- I want to bring alive first super-villain: Vivek Oberoi - Jan 19, 2012
- Randeep Hooda makes cameo in 'Cocktail' - Jul 05, 2012
- Horror films have loyal audience, says Shiney Ahuja - Dec 02, 2011
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- No clarifications, says Abhishek (Movie Snippets) - Jul 28, 2012
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- Chitrangada Singh: Glad That Hubby Jyoti Randhawa Is As Ambitious - Dec 20, 2010
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Chitrangada still struggling to get over 'Geeta Rao' - May 01, 2012
- Marketing has taken over content in Bollywood: Kay Kay Menon - May 26, 2011
Tags: acting career, adman, aisi, award nomination, begum, bengali, blue mountain, cameos, conscious decision, film award, flip side, hindi film, jannat, jism, krrish 3, low profile, national film, screen projects, sumanto, tv serials