Argentine rocker hospitalizedJune 11th, 2012 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, June 11 (IANS/EFE) Argentine rocker Charly Garcia was admitted early Sunday to a hospital in Cordoba, a city in central Argentina, after suffering health problems at a concert he was giving.
The 60-year-old musician fainted onstage at Cordoba’s Superdomo Orfeo, where he was giving a recital, and he was given first aid in his dressing room, the government news agency Telam reported Sunday.
His band told the public that Garcia had suffered a bout of low blood pressure and that he would shortly return to the stage, but after about 40 minutes of first aid he was taken to the Modelo Cardiology Institute in Cordoba, located 800 km north of Buenos Aires.
The artist’s blood pressure was actually spiking upward when he entered the hospital, the director of the medical center, Jose Sala, said.
Garcia is “stable, fine, lucid and is cooperating with the doctors”, Sala told the Todo Noticias television channel, which broadcasts from Buenos Aires.
The rocker returned to the stage in 2009 after undergoing treatment to break his addiction to drugs.
- 10 cops charged in gang rape of teenaged boy - Jan 22, 2012
- Argentine province offers prostitutes airfare to go home - Jul 24, 2012
- Argentinean survives fall from eighth floor - Jul 02, 2010
- Argentine ruling party seeks blood donors for president - Jan 01, 2012
- Hundreds of fossils found outside Argentina's capital - Apr 20, 2012
- Julio Iglesias kicks off concert tour in Chile - Apr 08, 2012
- Argentina says oil company owes $8 mn in tax - Feb 16, 2012
- Argentina sees Latin America's first gay marriage - Dec 29, 2009
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Two die as planes collide in Argentina - Nov 22, 2011
- Argentine transport minister resigns - Mar 08, 2012
- Seven die in Argentina building collapse - Mar 24, 2012
- Mexican singer is new face of Pepsi in Argentina - Oct 14, 2011
- Rock fest in Bogota - Jul 02, 2012
- Julio Iglesias to hold concerts in Argentina - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: addiction, buenos aires, central argentina, doctors, dressing room, drugs, efe, first aid, government news, health problems, low blood pressure, medical center, musician, news agency, orfeo, telam, television channel, todo noticias, undergoing treatment