Argentina wins best short film award at Panama festAugust 8th, 2011 - 11:55 am ICT by IANS
Panama City, Aug 8 (IANS/EFE) The short film “No me Ama”, directed by Argentina’s Martin Piroyanski, won the Best Short Foreign Film award at the 5th Hayah Festival held in Panama City, a spokesperson for the competition said Sunday.
The director of the festival, Mariel Garcia Spooner, said in a communique that Piroyanski was selected the winner from among 15 short foreign films from Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Spain and Mexico, that competed this week in the Panamanian capital.
The award for Hayah Best Short Film was bestowed upon Panamanian director Enrique Medrano for his work “Memoria de la lluvia”, as well as the Honorable Mention award for best photography.
Second place in the Hayah Best Short Film category went to “7 dias de agonia”, by Panama’s Felix Puga, who also received Honorable Mention for Best Performance and Best Direction.
The work “Inevitable”, by Panama’s Andrea Cogollos received third place in the Hayah Best Short Film category.
The Judging Panel Special Mention award went to “Mi amiga Ana”, by Panamanian Maricarmen Castillo, while the Best Short Hip Mention was given to the work “No mataras”, by Panamanian Edisson Sanabria.
The Hayah 5th Short Film Festival was participated in by Peruvian documentary maker Walther Vera, who offered a workshop on documentary filmmaking and alternative film.
The Hayah Festival is held annually to serve as a way for Panamanian filmmakers to be able to present their works, at the same time as it helps to open space for foreign filmmakers, according to the firm Hayah Productions.
- Ecuadorian film wins two prizes - Mar 11, 2012
- `Bonsai' wins best film at Miami fest - Mar 12, 2012
- 'She Monkeys', 'Bombay Beach' win Tribeca top honours - Apr 30, 2011
- `Ticket to Paradise' takes top prize at Havana Film Fest New York - Apr 17, 2011
- Liquor baron to give away short film awards at IFFI - Nov 29, 2010
- Pakistani film wins Oscar for best documentary - Feb 27, 2012
- Spanish documentary wins Golden Lamp at IFFI - Nov 30, 2010
- Latino film fest kicks off in New York - Aug 16, 2011
- Ashvin Kumar's 'The Forest' to release April 13 - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Silent Souls' best film, Andrew Garfield best actor at Abu Dhabi Fest - Oct 23, 2010
- Child poverty film wins short film award at IFFI - Dec 01, 2011
- Ruben Blades brings salsa show to Spanish capital - Jul 14, 2011
- Shyam Benegal To Be Felicitated At The Third Eye Asian Film Festival - Oct 07, 2010
- 'The Forlorn' opens Manipur's first International film fest - Apr 15, 2012
- "The Well (Vihir)" rated "Best Picture" at New York festival - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: 7 dias, best direction, best photography, documentary filmmaking, documentary maker, edisson, film award, film category, foreign film, foreign films, hayah, honorable mention award, maricarmen, medrano, panama city, panamanian capital, puga, s felix, s martin, short film festival