Arctic Monkeys to take break from recordingAugust 27th, 2011 - 9:29 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 27 (IANS) British rockers Arctic Monkeys are taking a break from recording music until 2013.
The band, who released their fourth album, “Suck It And See” June, this year and are currently on the world tour to promote the record, will be taking a studio hiatus for at least 18 months.
“I don’t really write on the road any more. We come up with a few ideas on soundchecks and that but I have written too many terrible lyrics touring around. As yet there is no plan to return to the studio next year, we’re keeping our heads down,” contactmusic.com quoted Frontman Alex Turner as saying.
“We’ve always been thinking about the next move. For now we’re just focused on the touring,”he added.
- It's splitsville for Alexa Chung, Alex Turner - Aug 01, 2011
- Alexa Chung dating The Strokes' guitarist? - May 09, 2012
- Backstreet Boys get back for eighth album - Dec 29, 2011
- Red Hot Chili Peppers announce comeback concert - Nov 14, 2009
- Childhood friendship kept Arctic Monkeys together - Aug 22, 2011
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- Gallagher's second album with 'Beady Eyes' - Apr 25, 2011
- A new man in Alexa Chung's life? - Sep 16, 2011
- Richards frustrated at delayed Stones record - Jun 07, 2010
- Coldplay regret their latest album name - Mar 06, 2012
- Arctic Monkeys recording new album in Hollywood - Jan 24, 2011
- Coldplay to take a break, so fans don't tire of them - Mar 27, 2009
- Arctic Monkeys' drummer learning guitar - Dec 19, 2011
- Backstreet Boys plan cruise concert - Sep 01, 2012
- Westlife to part ways - Oct 21, 2011