Apex court asks Ram Gopal Varma to approach tribunal for movieMay 25th, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday asked noted film director Ram Gopal Varma to approach a tribunal set up under cinematogrophy laws to challenge the censor board’s direction against showing the movie “Rann”.
The censor board refused to clear “Rann” unless it removed a song that’s a take-off on the national anthem. Varma has refused to remove the song.
A vacation bench of Justice V.S. Sirpurkar asked the tribunal to decide within a month Varma’s application challenging the censor board’s decision.
The bench also asked Varma to come to it after a month if he is not satisfied with the decision.
The Censor Board of Film Certification refused permission to air the controversial song. It said the national anthem was distorted in the movie.
- Supreme Court frowns upon 'Jana Gana Mana Rann' (Lead) - May 25, 2009
- Censor Trouble For Ram Gopal Varma's 'Rakhta Charitra' - Oct 16, 2010
- Freedom is remote-controlled in India: Filmmaker Varma - Jan 22, 2010
- 'Agyaat' smoking scene cut for TV: Ram Gopal Varma - Jul 26, 2009
- 'Rann' director to move apex court against censor ruling - May 13, 2009
- Supreme Court directs Censor Board to solve Rann's issue case within a month - May 25, 2009
- Varma replaces 'Jana Gana' with 'Vande Mataram' in 'Rann' - Dec 07, 2009
- 'Rann' of business and conscience in media (IANS Preview) - Jan 26, 2010
- Shadab Faridi to sing for 'Dabangg 2' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ram Gopal Varma hasn't done anything punishable, say lawyers - May 20, 2009
- Censors Object To Kissing Scenes In Drogam Nadanthathu Enna - Jun 08, 2010
- Supreme Court reserves verdict in Red Fort shootout case - Apr 20, 2011
- Thamassu To Get An 'A' - Jun 07, 2010
- Sanghamitra Chaudhuri wants no cuts on her new horror flick - Aug 25, 2010
- Court paves way for release of documentary on Kabir - Mar 09, 2011