Anurag jealous of Dibakar Banerjee, says wife KalkiJune 7th, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, June 7 (IANS) He is known for making films on unconventional subjects, but Anurag Kashyap is jealous of fellow director Dibakar Banerjee for making a film like “Shanghai”, says the film’s heroine and Kashyap’s wife Kalki Koechlin.
“Anurag has seen ‘Shanghai’. He is little jealous of Dibakar Banerjee for having made a film like this,” Kalki told IANS at the world premiere of her film at the ongoing International Indian Film Academy awards here.
“Shanghai” is set to release Friday.
The actress, who looked elegant in white embroidered gown, was here with co-star Abhay Deol and Banerjee for the world premiere of “Shanghai”. However, Kashyap was missing.
Asked about the reason for his absence, Kalki said: “He (Kashyap) doesn’t like to attend award functions. Also he is filming in Mumbai, that’s why he couldn’t come. But he supports me for the film.”
The actress is known for carving a niche for herself with unconventional roles, but Kalki doesn’t consider herself to be unconventional.
“I really don’t know what is conventional or unconventional roles. I only do what I believe in and I know how to do for sure,” she said.
Before the release, the film found itself in legal trouble when a public interest litigation was filed against the film’s song “Bharat mata ki jai” by Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga, president of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. He sought a stay on the film until the song was deleted.
The court, however, rejected the plea and cleared the film for screening.
“I don’t think this film is trying to offend anyone, it’s just observing the reality we live in,” Kalki said.
Organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment, the three-day cine event started Thursday.
- Abhay misses Khans, Bachchans at IIFA - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Shanghai' best film, Dibakar best director: Kashyap - Jun 01, 2012
- Don't look like village girl, so not in '...Wasseypur': Kalki - Jun 04, 2012
- No actor should trust director blindly: Dibakar Banerjee - May 11, 2012
- Kalki turns a rebel in 'Shanghai' - May 28, 2011
- High court refuses stay on release of film 'Shanghai' (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Daayan' a supernatural mystery, not horror film: Kalki - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Shanghai' to release with U/A certificate - Jun 07, 2012
- Kalki loves gorging on Delhi street food - Dec 07, 2011
- I love going back to theatre: Kalki - Mar 14, 2012
- It's hard to keep up good work in Bollywood: Kalki Koechlin (Interview) - May 16, 2012
- Mohit Suri hunting for girlfriend? (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2011
- Rajat Barmecha shows dark side in 'Shaitan' - Apr 28, 2011
- Shekhar Kapur inspired Prosenjit's look in 'Shanghai' - Apr 20, 2012
- We really want to go out on our honeymoon: Kalki - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, academy awards, bagga, banerjee, bhagat singh, bharat mata, co star, fellow director, film academy, heroine, indian film, international entertainment, jai, kashyap, kranti, legal trouble, public interest litigation, s song, shanghai, world premiere