Anupam poses as blind man, says it’s a marketing gimmickApril 4th, 2012 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) Promoting a movie through the character one plays seems to be in vogue. After Vidya Balan was seen with a baby bump to promote “Kahaani”, Anupam Kher Wednesday came as a blind man at the promotional event of his upcoming movie “Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein”.
“After seeing me like this, the first thing that will come to your mind will be - ‘Is it a marketing gimmick?’ Yes, it is a marketing gimmick,” Anupam told reporters here at the Delite cinema.
“When I was playing a blind man, I discovered how difficult is it to be a man without sight. I have in my own way dedicated this film to all the visually-impaired people in India and through this attempt I have tried to bring your attention to the difficulties of the person who can’t see,” he added.
Made in Marathi and Hindi, the film has been directed by Pramod Joshi, a known name in the Marathi world thanks to movies like “Raajkaaran” and “Tujhya-Majhyat”.
“The film is about a character played by Sachin Khedekar, who is a successful human being and in the quest to be at the top he diverts from the right path. He meets a person (played by Anupam) who is visually impaired and he tries to bring put him on the right path. This is a film, which tells you how to live life,” said Anupam.
The film is slated for a April 12 release. Apart from Sachin and Anupam, the film also features Mrinal Kulkarni.
- Anupam poses as blind man, says it's a marketing gimmick - Apr 04, 2012
- Not being egoistic in suggesting character change: Anupam - Apr 02, 2012
- Light-hearted comedies to entertain this weekend (IANS Preview) - Apr 09, 2012
- Shreyas showers praise on Parineeti (Movie Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Regional cinema coming at par with Bollywood: Pramod Joshi - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein' - moral lesson about life (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- Anupam's Marathi debut a tribute to the blind - Mar 02, 2012
- Bollywood now more professional, but impersonal: Anupam Kher (Interview) - Apr 11, 2012
- Bollywood finally sets stage for theatre veterans - Apr 21, 2012
- Triple bonanza for Rani in 'Aiyyaa' - Jun 16, 2012
- National Museum opens door to visually-impaired - Feb 28, 2011
- Rohit Shetty casts 15 Marathi actors for 'Singham' - Apr 15, 2011
- Anil Kapoor To Work For Free! - Aug 05, 2010
- News at fingertips - for the blind (With Image) - Jun 09, 2011
- Now blind in China can 'hear' films - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,