Anupam most romantic man, says wife Kirron KherJanuary 4th, 2012 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 4 (IANS) Anupam Kher is “the most romantic man I ever met in my life”, revealed Kirron Kher at the launch of the actor’s book “The Best Thing About You Is You”.
“He used to be very romantic. He was the most romantic man I ever met in my life… and listening to songs, he would sing them to me rather than listening to them,” the 56-year-old actress said here.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan launched Anupam’s book and Pritish Nandy was also present at the event.
The actors, who met thanks to their love for theatre, tied the knot in 1985 after Kirron’s separation from her first husband.
Kirron says Anupam has evolved as a partner in last 25 years and added: “Anupam and I started as friends. I remember, every time I went through rough times, emotionally rough times, Anupam would always be there. In fact, Anupam had this strange quality of pulling me out of depression and making me feel much better… and that was not when we were in love, we were just friends.”
The national award winning actress was feted for her performance in Rituparno Ghosh’s “Bariwali” in 1999. Kirron’s last Bollywood appearance was in “Action Replayy” and she also judged the reality show “India’s Got Talent”.
Her notable films include “Sardari Begum”, “Devdas”, French-German production “Khamosh Paani”, “Veer Zaara” and “Rang De Basanti”.
- I'm jealous of Anupam: Kirron Kher - Jun 29, 2010
- People hit by one-minute fame disease: Kirron Kher - Jul 16, 2011
- Exhibition on Anupam Kher a star-studded affair - Sep 08, 2010
- Pritish Nandy returns to poetry after 25 years - Jan 28, 2011
- Pritish Nandy returns to poetry, in 'Again' - May 28, 2010
- Anupam Kher to share screen with Robert De Niro - Oct 20, 2011
- 'Jail Bharo' campaign from April 12: Anna Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- I want Gulzar saab to write poems for me: Katrina - Jan 28, 2011
- Fight corruption in real life too: Anupam Kher - Apr 08, 2011
- Oprah's warmth bowls over B-town celebs - Jan 17, 2012
- Ranvir Shorey's 'Fatso' to release May 4 - Apr 21, 2012
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Action Replayy' in Mumbai - Oct 10, 2010
- The Real Reason Why Anupam Kher Refused To Play Hitler - Jun 21, 2010
- Bollywood wants real life to follow reel life, supports Hazare campaign - Apr 08, 2011
- Pritish Nandy Comes Up With His Book Of Poems 'Again' - May 28, 2010
Tags: actors, actress, amitabh bachchan, anupam kher, depression, german production, just friends, kirron kher, knot, launch, listening to songs, mumbai, notable films, pritish nandy, reality show, rituparno ghosh, romantic man, rough times, strange quality, veer zaara