Anupam Kher, Sharmila Tagore to work together after 24 yearsDecember 7th, 2008 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 7 (IANS) Anupam Kher and yesteryears actress Sharmila Tagore are coming together for a film after 24 long years. And the veteran actor says they are having a ball catching up with each other and reminiscing about old times. Entitled “Morning Walk”, the film is about an autumnal couple who meeting up after years of separation. It is being directed by debutante Aroop Dutta, who has earlier made serials for Balaji Telefilms.
“I reminded Sharmila-ji that the last time we worked together was in 1984 when we played man and wife in ‘Jawani’. It’s wonderful to reunite with such an old co-star and that too in such an unusual film,” Anupam told IANS.
In “Morning Walk”, Anupam’s character meets his old flame after years. And he later discovers that he has a daughter by the woman whom he had once courted.
Several films on elderly people discovering love are now being made, among them Shoojit Sircar’s Amitabh Bachchan-Sarika starrer “Shoebite” and Ashu Trikha’s “Zindagi Tere Naam”, which stars Mithun Chakraborty and Ranjeeta.
“It’s a good healthy sign. Everyone deserves love at any age. About time our movies got old people out of the rocking chair and made them rock,” the actor remarked.
Anupam, who was the chairperson of the censor board had been replaced by Sharmila, who is the current chairperson.
Has all the bitterness about the way he was unceremoniously replaced by the actress been wiped away?
“Oh it was erased long ago. It’s not healthy clinging to resentments in life. Sharmila-ji and I are having a ball shooting together. She reminded me how I used to ask the director a hundred questions during ‘Jawaani’. I told her the questions are still there but are more internalised now,” Anupam said.
Child actor Avika Gor, now a household name thanks to TV soap “Balika Vadhu”, plays Anupam’s granddaughter in “Morning Walk” and the actor is all praise for her.
“She’s wonderfully self-confident. When I work with kids today like Purav Bhandare in ‘Tahaan’, Gargi in ‘Hawaii Dada’ or Avi in ‘Morning Walk’ I feel inadequate,” he said.
Anupam said he would be soon leaving to shoot for Gurinder Chadha’s film that has been titled “It’s A Wonderful Afterlife”. This would be his third film with the British Indian filmmaker after “Bend It Like Beckham” and “Bride And Prejudice”.
- There's still child labour on movie sets: Sarika (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- Rajesh, Pancham and Kishore were a lethal combination: Anupam - Jun 29, 2012
- Amitabh regrets not doing more films with Vidhu Vinod - Apr 05, 2012
- I don't know what's happening with 'Shantaram' now: Big B - Aug 22, 2012
- Anupam Kher not mourning his dad's death - Feb 13, 2012
- Movie Review: Morning Walk (2009) - Jul 10, 2009
- "Sharmila-ji didn't source her own sarees" - Costume designer, 'Morning Walk' - Jun 22, 2009
- Preity Zinta turns babysitter! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 21, 2011
- Ayushmann won't assist Sircar in 'Jaffna' - Aug 19, 2012
- Kamlesh Gill thanks 'Vicky Donor' for making her famous - Apr 25, 2012
- A tribute to Balraj Sahni in Himachal hills - May 09, 2012
- John my god-brother in Bollywood: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Cocktail' soundtrack youthful, delectable mix of sounds (IANS music review) - Jun 20, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- IIFA in Colombo to spread peace, support it: Anupam Kher (Interview) - Jun 05, 2010