Anupam Kher not mourning his dad’s deathFebruary 13th, 2012 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 13 (IANS) Anupam and his brother Raju Kher are not mourning the death of their father Pushkarnath Kher and want people to attend the condolence meet in colourful attires.
“We’re indeed celebrating our father’s death. He lived a full life. He witnessed so many wonderful happenings during his life. He liked to spread happiness wherever he went. I’m sure he’s at this very moment making everyone laugh in heaven,” said Anupam.
His father died on Feb 10. Anupam had left for Goa to attend the wedding of his friend David Dhawan’s son when the news of his father’s death reached the actor. He had to return from Goa airport.
“I’m sure if my father had his way, he’d have urged me to attend the wedding instead of returning.”
“My father was my greatest critic and fan. He would call up from our home-town in Shimla inquiring about every snippet of news that appeared about me in Hindi and English newspapers. ‘Beta, unhonein aisa kyon likha?’ He’d wonder at some insignificant but nasty news item. I had to remind him to just chill,” said Anupam
Every morning unfailingly, Anupam made that morning call to his father to give him the lowdown on the previous day’s activities.
“More recently, of course, my parents had moved to Mumbai to be with me and my brother. So I was relieved from the pain of missing that morning phone chat with him now when he’s not available on the phone any more,” said Anupam.
The Khers’ home has shunned the normal mournful atmosphere.
“Like I said, we’re celebrating his death. For the condolence meeting on Monday, we’ve asked all our friends to please not show up in the mournful black and white clothes. Come clothed in colours, please. Because that’s what my father provided in our lives all his life.
“Lots of vibrant colours of joy and positivity. I know he’s up there looking down at us. He will find a way to connect with me, just like he did even in those days of bad STD connections between Shimla and Mumbai,” said Anupam.
- Anupam pays 'smiling tribute' to late father in Shimla - May 03, 2012
- Shimla's coffee house will miss Anupam Kher's father - Feb 12, 2012
- Anupam plans theatre fest in Shimla, says it is payback time - Aug 06, 2012
- He asked me if he'll die or live: Hangal's son - Aug 27, 2012
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Bollywood mourns for victims of Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- VM - Dara Singh, champ with heart of gold, bid final goodbye (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Dara Singh, champ with heart of gold, bid final goodbye (Intro Roundup, correcting para eight) - Jul 12, 2012
- Bollywood salutes A.K. Hangal - Aug 26, 2012
- B-wood remembers first man on moon - Aug 26, 2012
- Anupam Kher's lessons from life at Lit Fest - Jan 22, 2012
- Darsheel impresses LA audiences with superhero act in 'Zokkomon' - Apr 25, 2011
- Wrestler-actor Dara Singh dead, Bollywood in mourning (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- B-wood mourns Dara Singh's death - Jul 12, 2012
- Please vote, say Bollywood celebs - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: aisa kyon, anupam kher, atmosphere, attires, beta, clothes, condolence, dad, david dhawan, english newspapers, friend david, goa, happiness, heaven, laugh, morning call, nasty news, news item, snippet, vibrant colours