‘Anu Malik is knowledgeable, but can be rude’November 6th, 2008 - 9:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 6 (IANS) Music director Anu Malik, who is a judge on music reality show “Indian Idol 4″, can be harsh with his comments to the participants, but the youngsters can learn a lot from his knowledge and experience, says host and television actor Hussain Kuwajerwala.”Anu Malik can be rude sometimes but he has immense knowledge and experience. The participants get to learn a lot from him,” Hussain told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
Apart from Malik, writer-poet Javed Akhtar, singer Kailash Kher and actress Sonali Bendre are judges on the fourth season of the show.
The audience gets to see many a verbal duel between Malik and Akhtar, but Hussain says it is normal as “both are specialised in their respective fields”.
“Javed-ji is very good with explanations. He can explain the mistakes to the contestants in a very simple and convincing fashion,” he said.
Hussain started his TV career with “Aashirwad” and then went on to become a part of popular soaps like “Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, “Krishna Arjun” and “Kumkum”.
His popularity went a notch higher when he won the second season of dance reality show “Nach Baliye” along with his wife Tina.
He has hosted several reality shows earlier like “Shabaash India”, “Kisme Kitna Hai Dum”, “Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai”, “Khullja Sim Sim 2″, “Indian Idol 3″ and “Nach Baliye 3″.
The actor-cum-anchor says it is a pleasure to host “Indian Idol” again.
“Being the host of a show like ‘Indian Idol’ all over again gives me immense pleasure because I have a lot of fun while anchoring it,” he said.
According to him, the sets of the show have a positive energy and the entire excitement that surrounds the programme spurs him to do his best.
Asked what makes “Indian Idol” stand out among the myriad reality shows on air, Hussain said: “A show like ‘Indian Idol’ is very entertaining and has extremely talented contestants, that’s why it clicks with the audience and they like it.
“Also everybody likes music, so a music-based show does find its way to the audiences’ hearts a little more easily.”
- Hussain Kuwajerwala all set for first-ever Bollywood musical - Jun 06, 2010
- Tusshar's daring baring act (Movie Snippets) - May 17, 2012
- Asha Bhosle's wedding gift for 'Indian Idol 6' contestant (TV Snippets) - Jul 13, 2012
- Hire and fire! - May 24, 2010
- Sanjeeda, Aamir to tie knot Friday - Mar 01, 2012
- Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurv Agnihotri - Jun 03, 2012
- Vivek opts out of play - Apr 24, 2010
- "I Am Celebrating My 10th Anniversary With Reality": Farah Khan - Aug 13, 2010
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- Jasraj feels reality shows have benefited classical music - Feb 21, 2012
- Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel - May 30, 2012
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Arjun Rampal nervous about TV show - Nov 06, 2011
- TV host Hussain out of work, but doesn't mind the break - Mar 05, 2009
- Malaika upsets reality show contestant? (With Images) - Jun 05, 2012