Anthony Hopkins to play adventurer Ernest HemingwayMarch 25th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 25 (ANI): Veteran actor Sir Anthony Hopkins has been signed on to play revered author and adventurer Ernest Hemingway in the new film titled Hemingway & Fuentes.
According to Hollywood Reporter, actor Andy Garcia will not only direct the project, but will also play the role of fishing-boat captain Gregorio Fuentes, who befriended the writer in the last decade of his life, reports Contactmusic.
Fuentes is said to be the inspiration for one of Hemingways most enduring creations, a grizzled fisherman Santiago in The Old Man and the Sea, which won the Pulitzer Prize in 1952.
Oscar winner Annette Bening is in talks to play Hemingways wife Mary Welsh. (ANI)
- Anthony Hopkins to play Ernest Hemingway - Mar 27, 2009
- Andy Garcia lines up financing for Hemingway film - May 17, 2012
- Andy Garcia to direct film about Hemingway - Mar 05, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins to play Ernest Hemingway in new film - Nov 05, 2009
- Cuba, US to preserve Hemingway documents together - Jan 22, 2010
- Cuba celebrates 50th anniversary of Hemingway-Castro meet - May 15, 2010
- Annette Bening Wins The Golden Globe Awards For "The Kids Are Alright" - Jan 17, 2011
- Robin Williams praised for 'tame' performance in Broadway debut - Apr 03, 2011
- Fiction writers aren't social commentators: Novelist (With Image) - Aug 04, 2010
- Latino film fest kicks off in New York - Aug 16, 2011
- 'Hitchcock' role came to Hopkins years ago - Jul 16, 2012
- Kidman, Owen star as Hemingway, Gellhorn in new film - Mar 29, 2011
- Kidman has no problem with nudity - Apr 20, 2012
- Butler's memoirs offer peek into Hemingway's private life (IANS Books) - Mar 07, 2010
- Bening keen to reprise lesbian role - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: actor andy garcia, andy garcia, annette bening, anthony hopkins, boat captain, contactmusic, ernest hemingway, fishing boat, gregorio fuentes, grizzled fisherman, hollywood reporter, last decade, new film, old man and the sea, oscar winner, pulitzer prize, sir anthony hopkins, veteran actor, welsh, wife mary