Anthony Hopkins sues Merchant Ivory ProductionsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
It is the Oscar-winning actor’s trust, Samson Inc., which is seeking arbitration on his behalf.
The actor claims that Merchant Ivory had to deliver him the sum in two parts, as per the agreement between them.
He alleges that the film company has “materially breached” their agreement by failing to give him his dues.
Hopkins claims that the initial payment of 375,000 dollars was to be made in weekly instalments beginning December 29 last year through January 10 this year, and that the second payment of 375,000 dollars was due no later than September 30.
He says that he has “suffered damages in an amount to be proven at trial, but in no event less than $750,000″ for services rendered.
The actor is also seeking accrued interest, payment of attorneys’ fees, and any associated costs of the arbitration.
The representatives for either party were unavailable for comment. (ANI)
- US stocks rise amid positive data - Dec 30, 2011
- IPL auction: Christian top draw on a day of tactical bidding (Evening Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Daniel Christian attracts big IPL money (Night Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Hindus urge Hollywood academy to introduce "Best Bollywood Film" category at Oscars - Aug 16, 2009
- Jackman breaks theatre records - Nov 02, 2011
- Indo-Americans request Academy to enroll more members from Bollywood - Oct 12, 2009
- Migrant wins legal battle over lottery ticket - Mar 13, 2012
- Oz Muslim school director "brutally stabbed" in Perth - Aug 06, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt says Noorani issued threats through dons - Dec 29, 2010
- New US jobless claims rise - Dec 30, 2011
- IPL auction: From a T20 start to tactical bidding (Afternoon Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Sports ministry to CGOC: Give interest-free loan to weightlifting body - Aug 24, 2010
- Charlie Sheen 'to loose kids, millions if he divorces Brooke Mueller' - Jun 17, 2010
- ICC to probe county match-fixing charges - Mar 11, 2012
- Court rejects Oz woman's claim for $278k a month in divorce settlement - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: accrued interest, anthony hopkins, arbitration, december 29, film company, initial payment, interest payment, james ivory, merchant ivory productions, post production, production stage, ruth prawer jhabvala, samson, services rendered, suffered damages