Annie Lennox launches her HIV and Aids awareness campaignMarch 8th, 2008 - 2:11 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 08 (ANI): Scottish musician Annie Lennox has launched a campaign to raise awareness about HIV and Aids.
Lennox and 23 other female superstars including Madonna, Pink, Celine Dion, Shakira, Dido and Beth Orton, joined hands to record a charity track, Sing for the campaign.
Lennox, who is drawing attention to the HIV problems in South Africa, said that she feels happy to help needy people through her music.
Music has given me a platform I can use to help people in need, The Sun quoted her as saying.
The proceeds from the charity track will go to the organisation Treatment Action Campaign. (ANI)
- Annie Lennox to join Scottish delegation in Malawi Aids crusade - Jan 18, 2011
- Annie Lennox wears 'HIV Positive' T-shirt to raise awareness - Nov 30, 2009
- Annie Lennox Spreads The Message With 'HIV Positive' T-Shirt - Apr 23, 2010
- Musician Annie Lennox Honored With 'Woman Of Peace Award 2009' For Raising Awareness About HIV/AIDS - Nov 30, 2009
- Annie Lennox, eldest daughter to go on Malawi mission - Feb 12, 2011
- Annie Lennox's HIV positive t-shirt - Apr 23, 2010
- Tommy Mottola's life story set for documentary - Jul 26, 2011
- Shakira wants to use her voice to help others - May 01, 2011
- Annie Lennox becomes U.N AIDS ambassador - Jun 03, 2010
- Annie Lennox's New Album 'Christmas Cornucopia' Releases - Nov 17, 2010
- Married doc from Cape Town leaves wife for Annie Lenox - Feb 12, 2011
- New 'We Are The World' video features MJ - Feb 13, 2010
- Stars re-record We Are The World for Haiti victims - Feb 02, 2010
- Annie Lennox Named As UN AIDS Spokesperson - Jun 03, 2010
- Celine Dion launches her sunglasses range - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: aids, aids awareness campaign, annie lennox, beth orton, celine dion, charity, dido, hiv, hiv and aids, london, madonna, music music, pink, proceeds, scottish musician, shakira, south africa, sun, superstars, treatment action campaign