Annette Bening Wins The Golden Globe Awards For “The Kids Are Alright”January 17th, 2011 - 6:55 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Annette Bening, perhaps had the most amazing day of her life, as she bagged the Golden Globe Awards for the Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy category. She competed against several other actresses, all of whom made a huge mark in the film industry this year.
Annette Bening received the award for her performance in “The Kids Are Alright”, that deals with the life of two lesbian lovers with children. She acted with Julianne Moore, who played her on screen lover in the film. Even the latter was selected for the same award category, but the final prize was taken by the 52 year old actress. The other actresses who were nominated in this category are, Anne Hathaway for “Love And Other Drugs”, Angelina Jolie for “The Tourist” and Emma Stone for “Easy A”. Emma Stone bagged this prize in the Critics’ Choice Awards last week. However for Annette Bening, it was probably like a dream come true, as despite being nominated for this award ceremony several times before, she did not take this trophy home since 2004. Her role as Julia Lambert, in “Being Julia”, was much appreciated and she bagged many other leading awards that year.
However, in the Golden Globe Awards, she was seen in the best of her humble disposition. She thanked her co-actress Julianne Moore, saying that she is a “class actress”. She also thanked her director, her other crew members and her husband, Warren Beatty, who she said was the winner of the Golden Globe Awards in 1962, for the “most promising young actor” category.
- Bening keen to reprise lesbian role - Dec 20, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' rules at Golden Globe nominations (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Annette Bening Eager To Play Her Character In ‘The Kids Are Alright’ Again - Dec 20, 2010
- Oscar Battle: Annette Bening vs Julianne Moore for 'Best Actress' - Sep 22, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- Portman 'honoured' by Oscar nomination - Jan 27, 2011
- 'The Kids Are All Right' is best musical-comedy film - Jan 17, 2011
- 68th Golden Globe Awards 2011 Winners Declared - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The Social Network' wins big at Golden Globes 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Confronted Julianne Hough At CAA Party? - Jan 18, 2011
- Emma Stone: How she feels being nominated with Angleina Jolie for Golden Globe? - Dec 15, 2010
- Julianne Moore’s ‘Far From Heaven’ To Be Revamped Into A Stage Musical! - Jan 10, 2011
- It is Annette Bening vs. Julianne Moore for the Best Actress Oscar - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' bags Golden Globe for best animated film - Jan 17, 2011
- Julianne Moore shocked by graphic sex scenes in new movie - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: actor category, actress julianne moore, amazing day, angelina jolie, anne hathaway, annette bening, award category, award ceremony, being julia, best actress, comedy category, crew members, critics choice awards, emma stone, film industry, golden globe awards, julianne moore, lesbian lovers, warren beatty, young actor