Anne Hathaway’’s ex admits to PS2.4m fraudDecember 17th, 2008 - 1:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 17 (ANI): Anne Hathaway’’s ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri, who was imprisoned in a scam case, has confessed to a fraud of over 2.4 million pounds.
The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half year in jail after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering earlier this year, reports the Daily Express.
Follieris prosecutors filed legal papers in New York on Dec 15, in which they claimed that the 30-year-old Italian has agreed to pay restitution of 1.3 million pounds to the Toronto-based company Dundee Realty Corp.
He will also be paying 542,000 pounds to Yucaipa Corporate Initiatives Fund and 26,666 pounds to an Atlantic City monsignor.
Follieri was arrested in June (08), just two weeks after Hathway ended their four-year romance.
He was then accused of posing as the Vatican’’s representative in America while duping investors into believing the church would sell property at a discount.
Follieri admitted all the charges against him. (ANI)
- Hathaway's jewellery given by ex-fiance to be auctioned - Sep 16, 2010
- Follieri happy for Hathaway - Jun 28, 2012
- Anne Hathaway's Jewelry Auction! - Jun 24, 2010
- Hathaway engaged - Nov 29, 2011
- Anne Hathaway's beau ruined her singlehood plan - Aug 03, 2011
- Hathaway bombarded with letters from jailed ex-beau - Mar 21, 2010
- Anne Hathaway's incarcerated ex beau begs her to wait for him - Mar 21, 2010
- Hathaway enjoying relationship with Shulman - Jun 28, 2011
- Anne Hathaway's jewelry gifted to her by ex-boyfriend to be auctioned off by the FBI - Jun 24, 2010
- Anne Hathaway's jewellery gifted by ex up for grabs - Jun 24, 2010
- Hathaway delays wedding for work - Apr 16, 2012
- Jewelry Owned by Anne Hathaway To Be Sold At Government Auction - Jun 24, 2010
- Pleasing killed Hathaway's relationship - Jun 29, 2011
- Anne Hathaways ex-beaus scam victim fell for his money for nuns lie - Sep 24, 2008
- Anne Hathaway wants to be tougher - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: anne hathaway, atlantic city, conspiracy, corporate initiatives, daily express, dundee realty, half year, investors, italian businessman, london, money laundering, monsignor, prosecutors, raffaello follieri, realty corp, restitution, romance, scam case, vatican, wire fraud