Anna Wintour Upfront On ‘60 Minutes’ With Morley SaferMay 31st, 2010 - 9:10 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
May 31, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Anna Wintour, the editor-in-chief of American Vogue for the last 21 years and, possibly, the most commanding female in fashion, spoke to Morley Safer on 60 Minutes. Wintour’s frosty and tough character supplied her moniker of ‘Nuclear Wintour’. An inflexible task master, she is also referred to as ‘Darth Vader in a frock’ in fashion circles.
Safer queried her about her unofficial biography that reads that she is go-getting, single-minded and a purist. She serenely replied that she is motivated by what she does and is surely very cutthroat. She added that, not like the general judgment about her, she hopes and endeavors not to be a bitch. She communicated to Safer that she admires people who stand for the best of what they do. If that makes her a perfectionist, then she, in all probability, is one.
Speaking about her magazine, she declared that Vogue is the best of everything that fashion has to present.
Wintour, who commenced her career at 16 as a fashion reporter, became the editor-in-chief of American Vogue in 1988. She is extensively praised for the revitalization of the magazine, which was then going through stagnation.
- Morley Safer interviewed the legendary Vogue editor Anna Wintour - May 31, 2010
- Vogue's boss calls Naomi Campbell 'a joy to work with' - Sep 10, 2010
- Anna Wintour Morley Safer Interview Goes For A Repeat Telecast - May 31, 2010
- Pregnant Posh will not pose nude for US Vogue - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Gossip Girl' star Blake Lively is the new face of Chanel handbags - Jan 06, 2011
- Pregnant Posh to bare all for Vogue cover? - Feb 08, 2011
- Chivalrous Federer helps Vogue editor avoid Miami paparazzi - Apr 06, 2011
- Anna Wintour Made To Dance By Diddy - May 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell says editor was fired for putting her face on mag cover - Oct 24, 2010
- QVC celebrates a grand NYFW - Oct 08, 2010
- Karlie Kloss graces the cover of Vogue Italia issue - Dec 02, 2011
- Vladimir Putin's 'mistress' is Russian Vogue's debut cover girl - Dec 15, 2010
- Posh disappointed over missing out on vogue cover - Sep 07, 2009
- President Barack Obama Hosts Gala State Dinner For Chinese President Hu Jintao - Jan 20, 2011
- Lady Gaga branded 'a childish diva' - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: 60 minutes, american vogue, anna wintour, darth vader, endeavors, fashion circles, fashion reporter, frock, judgment, men at work, moniker, morley safer, pen men, perfectionist, probability, purist, revitalization, stagnation, unofficial biography, upfront