Anna Wintour once told Oprah Winfrey to lose weightMay 19th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 19 (ANI): Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour once told media mogul Oprah Winfrey to lose weight before posing on the cover of 1998’s Vogue issue.
The classy Editor-in-Chief revealed in an interview that Oprah was asked to lose weight for the 1998 vogue cover, which featured the media mogul with a tagline “Oprah! A Major Movie, An Amazing Makeover.”
“It was a very gentle suggestion. I went to Chicago to visit Oprah, and I suggested that it might be an idea that she lose a little bit of weight,” US Weekly quoted Wintour as saying.
“I said simply that you might feel more comfortable. She was a trooper!” Wintour added.
Oprah welcomed Wintour’s idea and the cover was a major hit
“She totally welcomed the idea, and she went on a very stringent diet. And it was one of our most successful covers ever,” Wintour added. (ANI)
- Vogue's boss calls Naomi Campbell 'a joy to work with' - Sep 10, 2010
- Anna Wintour Made To Dance By Diddy - May 06, 2010
- Diddy makes Anna Wintour dance at the Met Costume Institute Gala - May 06, 2010
- Pregnant Posh to bare all for Vogue cover? - Feb 08, 2011
- Chivalrous Federer helps Vogue editor avoid Miami paparazzi - Apr 06, 2011
- Anna Wintour Upfront On '60 Minutes' With Morley Safer - May 31, 2010
- Pregnant Posh will not pose nude for US Vogue - Feb 10, 2011
- 'Gossip Girl' star Blake Lively is the new face of Chanel handbags - Jan 06, 2011
- Oprah may not endorse Obama for 2012 re-election over ratings drop fears - Apr 09, 2011
- Why Anna Wintour is 'the ultimate gatekeeper' of celebs - Nov 08, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey in Mumbai, to attend private party - Jan 16, 2012
- Lady Gaga branded 'a childish diva' - Sep 16, 2010
- Winfrey regrets launching cable network - Apr 04, 2012
- I love Australia, can't wait to come back: Oprah Winfrey - Apr 01, 2011
- Naomi Campbell says editor was fired for putting her face on mag cover - Oct 24, 2010