Anna Nicole Smith’s lover settles defamation caseNovember 23rd, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 23 (ANI): Former Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith’s lawyer-turned-lover Howard K. Stern has reached a settlement over a tell-all book about the late star.
Stern was seeking 60 million dollars in damages against the Hachette Book Group and TV reporter-turned-writer Rita Cosby.
He accused them both of libel over a series of claims made about his sexuality in ‘Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith’s Death’, reports Contactmusic.
According to gossip website TMZ.com, Stern has settled the matter with the writer in a confidential deal.
Smith was found unconscious in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino near Hollywood, Florida, in February 2007.
A post-mortem report said the American model died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs including anti-depressants.
Stern and his associates Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, were charged with conspiracy to feed the star’s drug addiction. All the three have pleaded not guilty. (ANI)
- Anna Nicole Smith thought pregnancy was just 'bad wind' - Nov 02, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith's ex beau, doctors to go on trial - Oct 31, 2009
- Prosecutors Recommend No Prison For Anna Nicole Smith's Associates - Jan 06, 2011
- Horrific details of Anna Nicole Smith's final days revealed - Oct 15, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith's aides - Jan 07, 2011
- Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor Denied By Judge - Jul 07, 2010
- Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Anna Nicole Smith's doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Two guilty on some counts in Anna Nicole Smith drug case - Oct 29, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Boyfriend Found Guilty For Her Death - Oct 29, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith criminal case to begin Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Officials re-examine Anna Nicole Smith's death - Mar 26, 2009
- Jury Questioning Begins Today On Anna Nicole Smith Case - Aug 02, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's estate to miss out on $300M oil fortune - Mar 20, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith''s beau, lawyer charged with giving her drugs - Mar 13, 2009
Tags: anna nicole smith, anti depressants, blonde ambition, death reports, defamation case, dr khristine eroshevich, dr sandeep kapoor, former playboy playmate, former playboy playmate anna nicole smith, hachette book group, hard rock hotel, hard rock hotel and casino, hollywood florida, howard k stern, playboy playmate anna nicole smith, post mortem report, rita cosby, seminole hard rock, seminole hard rock hotel, seminole hard rock hotel and casino