Anna Nicole Smith’s Demise, still haunts Howard K. SternMarch 14th, 2009 - 12:25 am ICT by GD
Howard K. Stern, the last companion of the late model and reality TV-star, Anna Nicole Smith, along with two doctors were charged with conspiracy of obtaining drugs for Anna, prior to her death in 2007 due to overdose, on Thursday.
Howard and the two doctors Khristine Eroshevich and Sandeep Kapoor will be facing a three count felony for conspiracy in the Superior Court of Los Angeles.
Attorney General Edmund G. Brown said, “these individuals repeatedly and excessively furnished thousands of prescription pills to Anna Nicole Smith, often for no legitimate medical purpose,” the attorney further stated that, “There is ample evidence that Doctor Eroshevich and Doctor Kapoor violated their ethical obligations as physicians, while Mr. Stern funneled highly addictive drugs to Ms. Smith.”
Along with the three count felony for conspiracy, the three defendants, Howard K. Stern and the two doctors are also, “charged with eight other felonies, including obtaining fraudulent prescriptions and unlawfully prescribing a controlled substance between June 2004 and January 2007,” confirmed a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney.
Prior to these drug charges, between the period of June 5, 2004 and Jan 26, 2007, Stern, Eroshevich and Kapoor, all three were charged with a single felony of prescribing drugs.
In retort to the current charges, Adam Braun, attorney to Dr. Eroshevich released a press statement, which stated that his client for privacy reasons had resorted to the use of conjured names to obtain some of the prescriptions. “”It was not to deceive anyone; it was done for privacy reasons. She did the best she could under difficult circumstances in the best interest of the patient.” Braun told the Associated Press.
As of the latest reports, Stern was arrested at 8 pm yesterday in L.A. The authorities have set his bail for $20,000
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Two guilty on some counts in Anna Nicole Smith drug case - Oct 29, 2010
- Prosecutors Recommend No Prison For Anna Nicole Smith's Associates - Jan 06, 2011
- Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith's aides - Jan 07, 2011
- Howard K. Stern Found Guilty Of Contributing To Anna Nicole Smith’s Murder - Oct 30, 2010
- Judge reduces charges against Anna Nicole's ex beau - Sep 30, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor Denied By Judge - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith criminal case to begin Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Anna Nicole Smith's doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- LA Judge Rejects Defense Motion Against Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Boyfriend Found Guilty For Her Death - Oct 29, 2010
- Doctor of Anna Nicole Smith Loses Dismissal Hearing - Jul 07, 2010
- Doctors, boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith go on trial - Aug 05, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's boyfriend, doctors charged with supplying drugs - Mar 13, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith''s psychiatrist turns herself in - Mar 17, 2009