Anita Baker Honored With Legends Award At The Soul Train AwardsNovember 29th, 2010 - 7:06 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Soul Train Awards 2010 was aired on November 28 on the BET network. The show honored the R&B legend Anita Baker with the Legends Award. Also bagging the honor was Ron Isley. The award show also featured some extraordinary performances by contemporary artists like Ne-Yo and Erykah Badu.
Anita Baker has also been in the news recently after the announcement of her next concert schedule. Fans in Milwaukee will get to enjoy the performance by the legendary singer on February 11,2011 when she will perform at the Milwaukee Theater. For the fans in Chicago, the Anita Baker concert takes on February 12 at the League of Chicago Theaters.
With a total tally of 8 Grammys, 4 platinum albums and 2 gold albums to her credit, Anita Baker has been one of the most influential figures in the R&B industry today. There is also a buzz surrounding her upcoming album named ’21st Century Love’ which is set to release next year. This year the singer was seen performing the National Anthem at the NBA Finals at the TD Garden. ‘Giving You The Best That I Got’ is by far the most popular album by Anita Baker. The title song of the album topped R&B charts all over and also reached the #3 spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Anita Baker has also won the ‘The Black Beat Magazine’s Annual Readers Poll’ for 4 years in a row.
The Soul Train Awards 2010 also Alicia Keys and Usher dominating among the contemporary artists by winning two awards each. Janelle Monae and B.O.B also won an award each. The show was hosted by Terrence Howard and Taraji P Henson.
- Soul Train Awards 2010 Highlights - Nov 29, 2010
- Stars Pay Tribute To Anita Baker On Soul Train Music Awards 2010 - Nov 30, 2010
- Star Studded Soul Train Awards Seizes Attention, Ronald Isley Bags Legend Award - Nov 30, 2010
- Anita Baker Gearing Up For Next Year's Concert And Her New Album - Nov 30, 2010
- Ronald Isley And Several Other Performers Lit Up Soul Train Music Awards - Nov 30, 2010
- Ronald Isley Wins Prestigious Legend Award On Soul Train Awards 2010 - Nov 30, 2010
- Alicia Keys and Usher Receive Four 'Soul Train Award' Nominations - Oct 18, 2010
- 38th American Music Awards Results Announced, Justin Bieber Wins 4 - Nov 22, 2010
- Ron Isley's Destiny Is On A Roll - Nov 30, 2010
- Anita Baker Impresses With Her Appearance On "The Mo'Nique Show" - Feb 12, 2010
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Anita Baker's Worst Anthem - Jun 12, 2010
- Anita Baker Disappoints With NBA Finals Game 4 Performance - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: anita baker, anita baker concert, bet network, billboard hot 100, chicago theaters, contemporary artists, erykah badu, gold albums, grammys, janelle monae, legendary singer, national anthem, nba finals, platinum albums, readers poll, ron isley, soul train, soul train awards, taraji p henson, terrence howard