Aniston’’s $56,000 hair styling is worth it, claim expertsMarch 6th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 6 (ANI): Jennifer Anistons 56,000 dollars a week pay out to bring her hairstylist along on her Marley & Me Europe tour might have raised many eyebrows, but elite stylists have claimed that such a fee is totally worth it.
Legendary hair stylist Edward Tricomi, co-founder of the elite Warren Tricomi salons, says that such a jaw-dropping sum for hair like Anistons is worth every penny.
“You can”t put any price on it - it’’s priceless,” the New York Daily News quoted Tricomi as saying.
Tricomi even likened Aniston and her pricey locks to a farmer, who might need a 4,000 dollars part to repair his tractor.
He said: “For celebrities, hair, make-up and stylists are exactly like that tractor part. They are the ones who create that aura for the celebrity and her look. These people are much in demand, so they”re worth every single penny they get - and more.”
Fellow stylist Philip Pelusi seconded Tricomis opinion by saying: “The most important accessory that you own is your hair.”
He further said that he “can understand” why some stylists charge so much to travel with a star.
“It’’s not that the hairdresser wants to overcharge, but they need to make up what they lose in the salon, he said.
Tricomi also pointed out that stylists like Chris McMillan, who is Jennifer Aniston’’s mane man, are originators and not imitators, and their styles are the ones which are copied around the world.
“We”re the people who are creating the trends. It’’s short-lived and other people collect on that, he said.
Talking of some stylists astronomical fees, Pelusi said: “Even I”ve cringed on occasion.
But, in his opinion, McMillan’’s fee is not outrageous, and so believes Tricomi.
“I know mostly everybody would say this is really crazy, but most people don”t have a job like this, said Tricomi. (ANI)
- Hemsworth loves Cyrus' short hair - Aug 16, 2012
- Ritchie, best hairstylist on planet? - Aug 08, 2012
- Cyrus hiding her new short hair? - Aug 15, 2012
- 'The Rachel' was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen, says Jennifer Aniston - Jan 19, 2011
- More than 11 million women tried the 'Aniston cut' - May 26, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston shows off new hairstyle - Feb 23, 2011
- Aniston's Friends 'shag' most requested hairstyle of all time - May 26, 2010
- Has Jennifer Aniston parted ways with 'Friends' hairstylist? - Mar 30, 2009
- All about fashion backstage - from stylist Ambika Pillai - Apr 25, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston's top 5 secrets to sexiness and success revealed - Jun 10, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston rescues dog on busy street - Feb 04, 2009
- Aniston found Rachel haircut ugly! - Jan 19, 2011
- Ashley Dupre's hair catch fire during Playboy photoshoot - Mar 16, 2010
- Jennifer Pays $56000 for her Hairstyle - Mar 04, 2009
- Beverly Hills' Salon Busted For Credit Card Fraud - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: astronomical fees, chris mcmillan, co founder, edward tricomi, elite, europe tour, eyebrows, hair styling, hair stylist, hairdresser, hairstylist, imitators, jennifer aniston, jennifer anistons, locks, mane, new york daily news, philip pelusi, warren tricomi, york daily news