Aniston, Cher, Liv Tyler among ‘victims’ in credit card schemeAugust 19th, 2010 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 19 (ANI): Celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Cher, Liv Tyler, Melanie Griffith, Anne Hathaway and Scott Speedman have been named as victims of a serious credit card scheme.
The U.S. Secret Service have caught a woman who is accused of running the operation involving names of major Hollywood mega-stars, TMZ.com reported.
According to an affidavit filed in United States District Court, a witness claims the celebs were all violated or at least their credit cards were by a woman who ran a salon in Beverly Hills called the Chez Gabriela Studio.
Court documents accuse Maria Gabriella Perez of ripping off the credit card information from her ultra-wealthy clients and “fraudulently [charging] approximately 280,000 dollars worth of charges in a one year period”.
The documents showed that Perez swindled 214,000 dollars from Liv Tyler alone.
She was arrested on federal fraud charges, and is due to appear in court in L.A. (ANI)
- Jennifer Aniston Criticises Chez Gabriela Studio Owner - Aug 21, 2010
- Chez Gabriela Studio Owner Accused Of Cheating High Profiled Clients - Aug 20, 2010
- Beverly Hills' Salon Busted For Credit Card Fraud - Aug 20, 2010
- Celebrity beauty salon owner pleads guilty to cheating - Jan 23, 2011
- Beauty salon owner accused of scamming Aniston under house arrest - Aug 22, 2010
- Beauty salon owner faces 10 years in jail for swindling A-list celebs - Jan 22, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston hairdresser facing 501 years behind bars - Oct 26, 2010
- Jennifer Aniston not surprised by credit card scam - Aug 20, 2010
- US woman pays for breast enlargement with stolen identity! - May 26, 2010
- Kardashain sisters facing $75m lawsuit over credit card deal - Jan 09, 2011
- Is Liv Tyler dating a photographer? - Apr 13, 2011
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- US woman steals credit card for bigger boob job, jailed - Dec 07, 2010
- Indian-American accused of conning musician works out plea deal - Dec 04, 2010
- Peter Jackson's credit card fraudster jailed - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: affidavit, anne hathaway, beverly hills, card scheme, celebs, court documents, credit card information, federal fraud, fraud charges, gabriela, gabriella, jennifer aniston, liv tyler, melanie griffith, scott speedman, secret service, states district court, united states district, united states district court, wealthy clients