Animal sanctuary that supplied owls for Potter film lands in troubleOctober 14th, 2010 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 14 (ANI): An animal sanctuary which supplied owls for a Harry Potter film is in trouble.
The sanctuary is being prosecuted for alleged animal cruelty, reports the Daily Star.
Pensioners Veronica Mepham, 70, and her husband, Rye, 64, of the Rescuers Wildlife Sanctuary, Benfleet, Essex, have been told the RSPCA is taking them to court for cruelty to animals.
The pair, who supplied a tawny owl called, Cuddles for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, strongly denied the accusations. (ANI)
- Harry Potter owl owners in legal soup - Nov 23, 2010
- Owl Supplier Of A Harry Potter Film Faces Legal Charges - Nov 24, 2010
- Owls gain popularity as pets, courtesy Harry Potter - Nov 03, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' bird breeder lands in jail for neglect - May 12, 2009
- Harry Potter falconer admits to animal cruelty offences - Apr 10, 2009
- Owl in a day's work: Cop's encounter with winged evidence - Feb 20, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh to welcome 60 African cheetahs (Lead, Correcting word in para four) - Aug 25, 2011
- Harry Potter blamed for dwindling number of wild owls in India - Nov 03, 2010
- Britons held for cramming 69 animals in one house - Mar 31, 2012
- Black magic behind illegal owl trade, says report - Nov 02, 2010
- Jairam Ramesh gives a call for public awareness on owls in country - Nov 02, 2010
- RSPCA seizes Harry Potters star owls and falcons - Jul 05, 2008
- Paltrow sells lemonade, cookies - Jul 08, 2011
- Jordan's Argentinian toyboy blows his top after she cuddles club promoter - Mar 10, 2011
- Briton suspected of cruelty to cat surrenders - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: accusations, animal cruelty, animal sanctuary, cruelty to animals, cuddles, daily star, essex, goblet of fire, harry potter, harry potter and the goblet, harry potter and the goblet of fire, harry potter film, london, owl, owls, rescuers, rspca, tawny owl, veronica, wildlife sanctuary