Anil wants leaner look after meeting Isaque BagwanNovember 18th, 2011 - 1:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 18 (IANS) Actor Anil Kapoor, who will play supercop Isaque Bagwan in Sanjay Gupta’s “Shootout At Wadala”, is determined to extend the number of hours in the gym after meeting the encounter specialist earlier this week.
Anil, 51, met Bagwan in Mumbai Tuesday morning, and ever since then, he wants to work towards a leaner look.
“The meeting happened at Anil’s residence at around noon. Anil kept surveying Isaque from close quarters. He kept asking questions, staring and just observing and absorbing, just like Shabana Azmi did when she played real-life characters. At the end of the meeting Anil turned to his director Sanjay Gupta and said he needed to work on his body and physical energy,” said a source.
Anil will now spend an average of three-and-a-half hours in the gym each day. He not only wants to build on his physique and stamina to portray Bhagwan, he also wants to heighten his rage level.
Gupta is amazed at Anil’s dedication.
“That man is absolutely amazing. I’ve never seen a more passionate and clued-in actor. And it shows in his attitude and on his face. Yeah, Anil met Isaque Bagwan on Tuesday. Isaque who is now a close friend came home to me to invite me for his son’s wedding. We both drove down to Anil’s place. The meeting was very revealing. I’ve come back with even more respect for Anil,” he said.
“After meeting Isaque, Anil has decided to workout even more. He says he has to compete with John Abraham in physique and agility when they stand together in the same frame. He will get into better shape, if that’s possible,” added Gupta.
Gupta says he had his reasons to choose Anil to play the role of Isaque Bagwan, who killed gangster Manya Surve in an encounter in Wadala in 1982.
“I’ve worked with other actors. But the way he (Anil) goes at his character, is so inspiring. Anil is inspiring in other ways too. Do you know I owe my bungalow, which is now my wife and my son’s own heaven on earth, to Anil? Like everyone else in Mumbai I was going to invest in a high-rise apartment when Anil advised me to go for a bungalow.
“Today I am thankful to him for his wisdom. I’ve tried to follow Anil in other ways. His house is a storehouse of paintings. I’ve also started investing in art. Anil has also advised me which school to opt for my son,” he said.
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
- Sanjay Gupta gets nod for character names in '...Wadala' - Dec 21, 2011
- I want to be fit, not all muscles: Anil Kapoor - May 01, 2012
- For Anil, charity more important - Nov 28, 2011
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- When Shah Rukh played a racing driver (Movie Snippets) - May 11, 2012
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Ajay turns 43, celebrates on set (Movie Snippets) - Apr 02, 2012
- Viveik out of 'Shootout At Wadala' - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,