Anil Kapoor to play cop in Hollywood film ‘Cities’May 4th, 2011 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 4 (IANS) Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor has bagged another Hollywood project - he is set to share screen space with Clive Owen in Roger Donaldson’s thriller “Cities”.
Anil will be seen playing a cop in the film about greed and ambition that takes place on a global scale in three colliding story lines, reports hollywoodreporter.com. The first story involves a New York-based hedge fund manager (Owen), who has everything he wants - money, sex and power - but he wants more.
The second story is about a London-based young couple who just want to buy their first home, something that seems impossibly out of reach.
And the third story will see the Mumbai cop’s (Anil) fight against corruption between property speculators and his colleagues.
The project will be launched at the upcoming Cannes Film Market and will go on floors in October. It will be shot in New York, London and Mumbai.
Anil rose to international fame with “Slumdog Millionaire” and has also been a part of US TV series “24″. He will also be seen in the fourth instalment of “Mission : Impossible” franchise “Mission : Impossible-Ghost Protocol”.
- Anil to shoot for Hollywood film 'Cities' in November - Jun 17, 2011
- Dunst, Bloom to star in 'Cities' - Oct 30, 2011
- Where's Anil Kapoor in 'Mission Impossible 4' trailer, ask fans - Jul 01, 2011
- Today's actors refrain from women-oriented films: Anil Kapoor - Mar 05, 2012
- Pitt, Washington in 'Candy Store'? - Aug 25, 2012
- World realising importance of Indian audiences: Anil Kapoor - Dec 05, 2011
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Houston back to silver screen after 15 years - Sep 16, 2011
- I always dreamt of making films: Tom Cruise - Dec 05, 2011
- Anil Kapoor to star in 'Mission Impossible 4' - Oct 09, 2010
- People are tired of film promotion: Anil Kapoor - Apr 16, 2012
- DiCaprio, Maguire, Hardy to produce new film - Aug 29, 2012
- Osama's death may impact Bigelow's 'Kill Bin Laden' - May 02, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan to play Dame Elizabeth Taylor? - Jan 11, 2012
- 'Mission Impossible 4' - thrilling action, disappointing cinema (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: ambition, anil kapoor, cannes film market, clive owen, donaldson, fight against corruption, global scale, greed, hedge fund manager, hollywood film, instalment, international fame, mission impossible, money sex and power, screen space, sex and power, speculators, tv series 24, york london, young couple