‘Anhey Ghorey Da Daan’ to release Aug 10August 2nd, 2012 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) National award-winning Punjabi film “Anhey Ghorey Da Daan” (Alms for the Blind Horse) will release across select cities Aug 10.
“With the release of this film, we are delivering on our promise to build the brand ‘Cinemas of India’, which endorses deserving independent and art-house cinema across India and in doing so, we showcase to Indian audiences the diversity that exists in Indian cinema,” Nina Lath Gupta, managing director, NFDC, said in a press statement.
The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), in association with PVR ‘Directors Rare’, which gives a platform to critically acclaimed and independent films, will theatrically release the movie across Delhi, Mumbai, Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
Gurvinder Singh’s direction debut, “Anhey Ghorhey Da Daan” is based on Punjabi novelist Gurdial Singh’s novel of the same name.
The film, which has been to international film festivals in Venice, London, Abu Dhabi, Rotterdam and Busan, brings to the screen the effect that years of subordination can bring to struggling masses.
It won the 59th National film award for best direction and best cinematography.
- NFDC dedicates 'Anhey Ghorey...' to Mani Kaul - Aug 09, 2012
- Regional cinema doesn't get media attention: Award-winning Punjabi director (With Images) - Aug 11, 2012
- Can't make commercial films: 'Anhey Ghorey...' director - Aug 25, 2012
- Mani Kaul's 'Duvidha', two more Indian movies at Venice fest - Jul 29, 2011
- I wasn't expecting national award: Gurvinder Singh - Mar 07, 2012
- Gurvinder Singh wins best director National Award - Mar 07, 2012
- NFDC mourns on Mani Kaul's death - Jul 06, 2011
- 'Regional cinema, regional parties rule India' - Mar 21, 2012
- Hamid Ansari gives away 59th National Film Awards - May 03, 2012
- NFDC to bring out home videos of Mani Kaul's films - Jul 19, 2011
- Regional talent wins top honours at 59th National film awards (Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro' to re-release Oct 26 (With Image) - Sep 11, 2012
- Santosh Sivan's 'Urumi' for Busan film fest - Sep 11, 2011
- Mumbai film fest to hold world premiere of international film - Sep 28, 2010
- Punjabi filmmakers want to tell realistic stories - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: alms, art house cinema, aug 2, best cinematography, best direction, blind horse, busan, film award, film development corporation, gupta, gurvinder singh, independent films, indian audiences, indian cinema, international film festivals, jalandhar, lath, ludhiana, national film, nfdc