Angela Winbush Featured On “Unsung”October 26th, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The “Unsung” series of TV one features RnB singer Angela Winbush. It it a documentary program, that showcases the life of singers who, although got a good start, but could not get their due in their music career.
Angela Winbush was featured on Monday. The Saint Louis resident Angela Winbush was a well known singer in the 80s decade and gave quite numbers with her singing partner Rene Moore. Their band Rene & Angela, however could of taste the actual fame and popularity and they soon parted their ways in 1986, in order to pursue their solo career, which eventually got doomed. In the “Unsung” series, Angela Winbush talked about her relationship with her partner, Rene Moore, her work with the Isley Brothers, and her decision to take up a solo career. She also talked about some of the dark moments in her personal life, where she had to struggle with cancer, as the doctors diagnosed a cyst in her breast, which had to be removed. She also had stage 3 ovarian cancer and had to undergo six months of chemotherapy in 2003. This eventually led to a bitter divorce with her husband and lead singer of Isley Brothers, Ron Isley. She said that it took several months for her to struggle and recover from the stage of depression after a string of mishaps in her life.
Angela Winbush was initially apprehensive about being featured in “Unsung”, as she did not want the entire world to know about all the problems which she went through in the last two decades. She even refused to consider herself as an “Unsung” as she has done several worthier things in her life. However, she later changed her mind, and decided to share her story on the show.
- Wiseman's fertility fears - Nov 25, 2011
- Ronald Isley And Several Other Performers Lit Up Soul Train Music Awards - Nov 30, 2010
- Ronald Isley Wins Prestigious Legend Award On Soul Train Awards 2010 - Nov 30, 2010
- Singer Teena Marie passes away at 54 - Dec 27, 2010
- Evelyn Lauder dies at the age of 75 years - Nov 14, 2011
- Ron Isley's Destiny Is On A Roll - Nov 30, 2010
- Kim Zolciak's real hair! - Aug 24, 2009
- Marvin Isley dies in Chicago - Jun 08, 2010
- Celine Dion Grarces Magazine Cover Showing Her Baby Bump - Sep 07, 2010
- Angela Jonsson tight-lipped about personal life - Jul 31, 2011
- Bonnie Raitt to release new album - Jan 04, 2012
- Stars Pay Tribute To Anita Baker On Soul Train Music Awards 2010 - Nov 30, 2010
- Reducing time to diagnosis of ovarian cancer may not improve outcome - May 04, 2011
- Celine Dion says she was originally carrying triplets - Oct 30, 2010
- Robbie Williams plans musical on his life - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: 80s, angela winbush, bitter divorce, chemotherapy, cyst, documentary program, entire world, isley brothers, kar, lead singer, mishaps, music career, ovarian cancer, personal life, rene moore, saint louis, showcases, singers, solo career, stage 3