Angad Hasija doesn’t mix personal life with professionalAugust 19th, 2012 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 19 (IANS) TV actor Angad Hasija, known for playing schizophrenic Alekh in “Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai”, says his personal and professional lives are very different.
“I feel that everyone has a different personal life. My wife Parneet is not from this industry. She is a physiotherapist. My professional world is different as my wife is not interested in attending film parties or award functions. We go for house parties though,” Angad told IANS.
The actor, who hails from Chandigarh, was an interior designer when he got into modelling. After doing Punjabi music videos, he shifted here and said that when he came to the entertainment capital of India, “a friend of mine told me about this role in ‘Bidaai’”.
“I was not sure about how I will be at acting as I had never done it before. But I went for the audition and got selected,” said the actor who was last seen in “Ram Milaaye Jodi”.
Asked him why he is not doing TV shows anymore, he said he is “waiting for a different character” to come along his way.
“When I did Bidaai (Sapna Babul Ka… Bidai), I received lot of appreciation. I wanted to do something different after that. Then I played the role of ‘Shankar’ in ‘Phulwa’. I maintained my body for that and grew my hair long.
“Then I did ‘Ram Milaayi Jodi’ where I played the role of a businessman who was classy and stylish. I want to give myself time to improve now so that when I am back, people can enjoy my performances,” he said.
“My characters in all my shows have been very different. Now I want to play a wannabe Punjabi boy who does what he wants or a rich spoiled guy. There will be a lot to do in these roles,” he said.
- Hair Trimming Turns Painful For Angad! - Jul 01, 2010
- Rajan Shahi says 'yeh meri Dilli' with new show! - Jan 04, 2012
- After 'Bigg Boss', Sara bags role in 'Ram Milayee Jodi' - Dec 18, 2010
- TV actress Sara Khan fractures elbow while rehearsing - May 25, 2010
- Reality shows kept me away from soaps: Apurva Agnihotri - Jul 04, 2010
- 'Bidaai' to end with two-hour special - Nov 09, 2010
- Bidaai's plot thickens with the love-triangle of Alekh-Sadhana-Shlok - Jul 11, 2009
- Angad Hasija Celebrates Anniversary Of His First Love - Sep 24, 2010
- Sulagna Compares 'Do Saheliyaan' With 'Bidaai' - Aug 18, 2010
- Double celebration on Bidaai - Oct 10, 2009
- 'Jamuna Paar' crew shoots at India Gate (With Images) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sakshi To Run From Wedding - Sep 03, 2010
- APSARA AWARDS 2009- TV and FILM NOMINEES - Dec 15, 2009
- Bidaai rocks its fourth century! - Aug 17, 2009
- I got success in a short time- Sara Khan - Jul 16, 2009
Tags: angad, audition, babul, bidai, businessman, capital of india, film parties, house parties, interior designer, ka, mumbai, personal life, physiotherapist, professional lives, professional world, punjabi music videos, sapna, shankar, tv actor