Andy Garcia thrilled about shooting in MexicoApril 14th, 2012 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, April 14 (IANS/EFE) Actor Andy Garcia has said it was wonderful to be able to shoot his upcoming film, “For Greater Glory”, amid Mexico’s historical landmarks.
The feature film, to premiere in the US June 1, is set in the 1926-29 Cristero War that broke out following an uprising of religious orders against anti-clerical measures imposed by the Mexican government.
Garcia, who is in Miami promoting the movie, said he plays Gen. Enrique Gorostieta Velarde, who, despite being an atheist, decides to organise the rebels in their religious war against the state and finally embraces the Christian faith.
“The film director (Dean Wright) gave me a book on the history of the Cristeros and right away I was hooked,” the actor told EFE.
- Andy Garcia reflects on freedom in new film - Apr 19, 2012
- Andy Garcia feels duty to help young actors - Aug 18, 2011
- Eduardo Verastegui, an actor with a mission - Sep 20, 2012
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Latino film fest kicks off in New York - Aug 16, 2011
- Dating service uses philandering Mexican politician's image - Jun 08, 2012
- Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba win best actor awards - Sep 13, 2011
- Kidnapped Mexican singer found dead - Feb 13, 2012
- Shakira in Puerto Rico to be with boyfriend - Aug 14, 2012
- Spanish treasure found off Florida - Mar 29, 2011
- New `Che' comic inspired by his most famous portrait - Apr 18, 2012
- Garcia Bernal takes spotlight at Colombia film fest - Feb 26, 2012
- Machu Picchu, the city that was never lost - Jun 27, 2011
- Herrera sketches `very flirty' woman in new collection - Sep 11, 2012
- Romney collects more money than Obama in May - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: actor andy garcia, andy garcia, april 14, atheist, christian faith, cristero war, cristeros, dean wright, feature film, film director, greater glory, historical landmarks, mexican government, mj, rebels, religious orders, religious war, upcoming film, uprising, velarde