Andy Garcia skips watching daughters’ stripping scenesMarch 14th, 2010 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 14 (IANS) Hollywood star Andy Garcia couldn’t bring himself to watch his daughter stripping off and pole dancing on the set of their new movie, reveals the daughter.
Dominik Garcia-Lorido has hit the headlines as a college student secretly stripping to pay her tuition fee in new movie “City Island”, in which her real life father plays her reel father, reports contactmusic.com.
Her dad, however, didn’t want to hang around to check out the 26-year-old former ballet dancer’s pole dancing moves.
“My father says he wanted to leave the state but he didn’t have to leave. I told him to come to the set but my sister was looking for colleges at the time to attend in Boston so my parents went with her that weekend… so it was perfect timing and he couldn’t be there,” said Garcia-Lorido, who was Miss Golden Globes in 2003.
She admits she took pole dancing lessons in Los Angeles for a month before filming started, but she had to shape up for the scenes in which she stripped.
“When we went to shoot the movie in New York I didn’t have to shoot those scenes until the end of the month so I was eating pasta every day and I wasn’t in shape anymore,” she said.
“I couldn’t remember anything and the night before I shot my scenes we did a rehearsal with another teacher in New York and we choreographed what the director wanted and what positions he wanted me in.”
“There was a whole other scene that was cut out of the movie, where I was talking and stripping at the same time - which was weird. I couldn’t do the choreography and the moves to the dialogue,” she explained.
- Andy Garcia feels duty to help young actors - Aug 18, 2011
- On 'Bigg Boss', every one is enemy: Gulabo - Oct 16, 2011
- Shirish won't enjoy watching me with someone else: Farah - Jul 26, 2012
- Sex scenes are great: Amanda Seyfried - Sep 15, 2011
- Sonakshi's role cooler in 'Joker' than 'Dabangg': Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Feb 22, 2012
- Julianna Margulies Appears In "The Late Show With David Letterman" - Mar 10, 2010
- It was torture being 20: Diaz - May 20, 2012
- 'Step Up Revolution' actress find Kareena graceful - Jul 07, 2012
- I hated university life: Naomie Harris - Dec 17, 2011
- Our time with children very special: Michelle - Nov 07, 2010
- Bonham Carter wore nappies on 'Harry Potter' sets - Apr 24, 2012
- I am not ready to strip: Shakira - Jun 15, 2010
- Uday Shankar's widow to attend Cannes for 'Kalpana' - May 12, 2012
- Kate Middleton cried watching 'War Horse' - Feb 01, 2012
- Seyfried bans father from watching 'Chloe' - Mar 16, 2010
Tags: andy garcia, ballet dancer, boston, choreography, colleges, dad, dialogue, golden globes, headlines, hollywood, hollywood star, london march, parents, pasta, perfect timing, pole dancing lessons, rehearsal, tuition fee