Anchorman ‘I love lamps’ prank pulled off on live TVJanuary 5th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Jan 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When you are an anchorman, there is that temptation to ‘trust’ whatever comes up on the teleprompter. Well that seems to be true with an American weatherman with NBC’s local channel WGBA.
Brian Niznansky fell for a prank from his director and the incident greatly embarrassed him because his co-anchor sure rubbed it in. The co-anchor after having a good laugh announced on the set that what happened proves that Brian will read anything place on the teleprompter.
Brian had just finished a story on the set and was tricked to believe that there is more to be read. Looking straight at the camera, Brian said, “In other news, I love lamp, errrr….” Brian admitted that he has indeed been tricked and after the show took to Twitter to narrate what just happened.
He tweeted shortly after leaving the studio that, “Director Nik just put “I love lamp” in the teleprompter… and yes I read it. #anchorman”.
Playing pranks on each other at the studio is uncommon. Last year, a seasoned Russian news reader was fired from her job for apparently giving President Barack Obama the middle finger. She later explained that her gesture was intended at a crew who was trying hard to get her distracted.
- News anchor licks iPad as part of April Fool prank - Apr 06, 2011
- Mary Hart Replaced by Nancy O'Dell on Entertainment Tonight - Nov 10, 2010
- Palin's parting kick to CBS News' Katie Couric - Apr 27, 2011
- Olivia Munn to appear on HBO pilot - May 19, 2011
- Stephanie Abrams Broadcasts Weather Report From Elevator - Aug 10, 2010
- "Live To Dance" Contestant Falters On Stage - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Glee' Episode Features Carol Burnett As Sue Sylvester's Mom - Nov 24, 2010
- When Christina Hendricks' 'bath' mention left Brian McFayden speechless - Jul 30, 2010
- Wills-Kat wedding 'a chance to re-brand royal family business' - Apr 03, 2011
- News Anchor Kimmo Wilska Fired for Beer Prank - Oct 16, 2010
- Applegate in 'Anchorman 2' - Jun 22, 2012
- Jane Skinner Quits Fox To Spend Time With Family - Jun 26, 2010
- Harry Belafonte falls asleep live on air - Oct 19, 2011
- Squatter kicked out of Ann Curry's NY home - Aug 17, 2011
- Helen Mirren says that her 'Best Body' title was rigged - Aug 31, 2011