An Indian on UN film fest juryJune 13th, 2012 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) K.G. Suresh, director and chief editor of Global Foundation for Civilizational Harmony (India), will be part of the international jury for the fourth edition of Plural+International Youth Video Festival.
Suresh is the first Indian to be nominated as a jury since the inception of the 2009 and the only South Asian to be part of this year’s seven member international jury.
The festival is organised annually by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the International Organisation for Migration.
The festival dates are yet to be announced but the award ceremony date has been revealed and it will be held Dec 6 in New York.
The other members of the jury are Kristine Collins (Canada), Hyunsook Chung (South Korea), David Ritchie (US), Farah Mohammoud (Britain-Sudan), Mariana Araujo (Mexico) and Valenti Gomez i Oliver (Spain).
The festival recognises youth as powerful agents of social change in a world often characterised by intolerance, cultural and religious divisions and supports youth in addressing the key challenges of their communities related to migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- A new man in Alexa Chung's life? - Sep 16, 2011
- Bihar to involve youths to fight kala azar - Apr 10, 2012
- Italy's Nanni Moretti named Cannes president - Jan 21, 2012
- Indian hand in South Sudan constitution - Jul 07, 2011
- Two-day Africa festival opens in capital (With image) - Jun 18, 2012
- Legacy of Martin Luther King Jr lives on in India: Expats - Jan 17, 2011
- Bhandarkar on jury of Cairo film fest - Sep 06, 2012
- Capital to host its first 'Delhi International Film Festival' - Aug 21, 2012
- Alexa Chung dating The Strokes' guitarist? - May 09, 2012
- Sudan ready for talks with South Sudan: Russia - May 01, 2012
- Pakistanis win global award for film on drones - May 12, 2012
- Manmohan Singh seeks UN reforms - Sep 24, 2011
- Tannishtha first Indian to co-host APSA - Nov 17, 2011
- US, China urged to help solve Sudan conflict - May 03, 2012
- IFFI director refutes reports on Iranian jury member quitting panel - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: alliance of civilizations, araujo, award ceremony, chief editor, david ritchie, farah, festival dates, global foundation, gomez, international jury, international organisation for migration, key challenges, kristine collins, nations alliance, religious divisions, social inclusion, south korea, suresh, valenti, video festival