Amy’s dad to honour her with a concertAugust 24th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 24 (IANS) Singer Amy Winehouse’s father Mitch says he will honour his late daughter with a performance and raise money for her foundation.
“I was in New York preparing for my US debut at the Blue Note jazz club when I received the devastating news of Amy’s passing. I immediately returned to the UK to be with my family, and of course, singing was the furthest thing from my mind,” said Mitch.
“Through setting up the foundation in Amy’s memory, I have come to realise that I can sing for Amy and raise money for her foundation, so when Matt Goss, former Bros star - called me to ask me to open his show at the Royal Albert Hall this was a wonderful opportunity to raise awareness for the foundation,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
Gloss and Mitch will perform on Oct 21.
Winehouse was found dead at her home here last month. Details of toxicology tests released this week revealed there were no illegal drugs in her body.
- Mitch Winehouse in shock over Amy's death - Jul 02, 2012
- Winehouse tribute concert might be telecasted - Jan 15, 2012
- Winehouse didn't like singing her hit songs - Jun 28, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's father wants to set up a rehab center - Aug 05, 2011
- Amy Winehouse' autopsy is inconclusive - Jul 26, 2011
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Gaultier defends Winehouse-inspired show - May 05, 2012
- I'm completely devastated: Amy Winehouse's father - Jul 25, 2011
- Winehouse's father to write Amy's memoir - Oct 12, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- Gaultier's show infuriates Winehouse's father - Jan 28, 2012
- Adele declines Winehouse tribute show - Jul 20, 2012
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012