Amy Winehouse’s life-size statue to be put up in CamdenJune 8th, 2012 - 8:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Camden, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Amy Winehouse is dead but her legacy and her music lives on. There are plans afoot to be put up her life-sized statue in Camden.
The exact place where the statue is going to be put is the Roundhouse concert hall, which is adjacent to her abode in Camden. A spokesperson for the concert hall said that they are planning to install the statue as they want that Amy’s music should live on.
The spokesperson also added that, “We think it`s important that Amy`s contribution to music is recognised in Camden, but the idea is in its early stages of development at the moment.”
More details about the statue were shared by Amy’s father – Mitch. He said that the statue is going to be made in bronze and it will be installed next toe the Roundhouse bar. He added that, “It will be bronze, life-size, and on the first-floor balcony next to the Roundhouse bar. What we`d like to have is Amy leaning over the balcony and looking, and perhaps pointing, towards Camden Town from Chalk Farm Road.”
He also said that they were looking for some sponsors for the cost of the statue.
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's house robbed after her death - Aug 11, 2011
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Amy Winehouse' autopsy is inconclusive - Jul 26, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- No film on Winehouse's life! - Dec 12, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse foundation to be launched Sep 14 - Sep 07, 2011
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- Gandhi looking for pedestal in French heritage town - Jan 29, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's father wants to set up a rehab center - Aug 05, 2011
- Winehouse tribute concert might be telecasted - Jan 15, 2012
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Winehouse's dad hospitalised - Aug 10, 2010
- Finally, covers go off Mayawati statues (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012