Amy Winehouse to shift to a new home in BarnetMarch 2nd, 2009 - 3:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 02 (ANI): Troubled pop star Amy Winehouse, who has just headed back to London after a two-month Caribbean holiday, is all set to shift to a new home in Barnet.
Winehouses will be leaving her mansion in Camden in a bid to settle down in North Londons Barnet.
As Camden holds multifarious bad memories for the Back to Black hitmaker, her mother Janis bought a home in Barnet, while her daughter was away holidaying.
Amy has had a wonderful two months living the high life in St Lucia and, of course, shes sad to be back to reality. But after getting her act together and staying off the drugs, shes determined to stay clean, the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Camden holds a lot of bad memories especially the time spent there with Blake. So while she was away her mum Janis went house-hunting on Amys behalf, looking at pads near her own, the source added.
Winehouses mother bought the mansion in Barnet in a bid to keep her daughter close to her, so that she could keep an eye on her.
She found a Regency-style four-bedroom townhouse in a middle-class, suburban area in Barnet. At around PS1.4million it wasnt cheap but Amy can afford it. Janis wants Amy close to her, so she can keep a strict eye on her daughter, the source said.
The move is to ensure Amy stays out of harms way and focuses on making great music, the source added.
Winehouse, who was busy writing songs during her holiday, has also been working on her 12-year-old goddaughter Diones debut album.
Meanwhile, she has clearly declared that she is back in London for her god-daughter, and not for her estranged husband Blake Fielder-Civil.
Im here for Dionne not Blake, she said.
The duos divorce is expected to be finalized early this summer. (ANI)
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Sykes, Bromfield together? - Jun 27, 2012
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Winehouse's fortune goes to parents - Mar 29, 2012
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Winehouse obsessed with spaghetti - Apr 22, 2011
- Winehouse makes unsteady TV comeback - Oct 11, 2009
- Amy Winehouse "happy without Blake Fielder-Civil" - Nov 28, 2009
- Amy Winehouse 'asks new lover to move into her London home' - Jun 25, 2010
- Winehouse determined not to let goddaughter follow her wild ways - Oct 12, 2009
- No reunion for Winehouse, Blake - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: bad memories, barnet, bedroom townhouse, blake fielder civil, caribbean holiday, debut album, dionne, divorce, drugs, god daughter, great music, harms way, hunting, london march, mirror, pop star, regency style, st lucia, suburban area, writing songs