Amy Winehouse to shift house after Caribbean holidayFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 13 (ANI): Troubled singer Amy Winehouse will be shifting house once she returns from her holiday in the Caribbean.
Winehouse is renting a mansion in posh Hadley Wood, North London, which will be away from her old Camden house, and her family have organised the house, near the Hertfordshire countryside so she can move straight in when she returns.
Its quiet and there wont be all that temptation on her doorstep, the Sun quoted a friend of hers as saying.
But its near to her home London borough of Enfield, and to Camden, so she wont feel too isolated. Thats why she has agreed, the friend stated.
Im not very familiar with Amy. But knowing the people here, shell be made welcome, director of The Hadley Wood Association, Rod Armstrong, said.
Mavis Webber, of the local Womens Institute, said: Its a nice, quiet area. Country walks will do her good.
And Local Tory MP David Burrowes added: The area has no pubs, clubs or wine bars. The only nightlife is a whole lot of foxes and wild-life. Amy could take on a role in the community.
Ghita Cohen, of the local theatre group, warned: Its mainly middle-aged people with middle-class views here and I dont think its her cup of tea but I do hope shell be happy. (ANI)
- Winehouse to move to British countryside - Feb 13, 2009
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's house robbed after her death - Aug 11, 2011
- Winehouse foundation to be launched Sep 14 - Sep 07, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's life-size statue to be put up in Camden - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead at home - Jul 24, 2011
- Trouble in Winehouse, Fielder-Civil's paradise - Apr 11, 2010
- Winehouse 'plans to move ex-hubby into multi-million pound pad' - Apr 19, 2010
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Who will play Winehouse? - Aug 17, 2011
- Winehouse believed she would die young - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: borough of enfield, caribbean holiday, cup of tea, david burrowes, foxes, hadley wood, hertfordshire countryside, home london, life amy, local theatre, london borough of enfield, london feb, mavis, north london, pubs clubs, quiet area, theatre group, tory mp, wild life, wine bars