Amy Winehouse ‘to move to St.Lucia for good’June 21st, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 21 (ANI): Amy Winehouse is planning to settle in the Caribbean island, St. Lucia, sources say.
“Amy loves St Lucia and never wants to leave. She thinks the island has done her the world of good and she’s writing more than ever,” News of the World quoted a source as saying.
The Back to Black singer stayed in St Lucia for 71 days last year to avoid drugs she did in London.
Now, Amy, apparently, is trying to get herself officially recognised as St.Lucia’s citizen.”We are aware of Amy wanting to live here on a permanent basis. We have received an application and are looking into it,” an official of St. Lucia said.
However, some believe that the Grammy Award winner is trying to trick the English government from paying her taxes since Brits have to spend less than 183 days in the UK to avoid paying their taxes.
“She’s paid tens of thousands in tax already but she sees that she can avoid another huge bill. She’ll be able to keep a larger slice of her fortune this way,” an insider revealed.
However, the citizens of St. Lucia are not too keen on Winehouse settling in their island.
RJ Sam Flood of St. Lucia said: “This woman has brought over all her nastiness to our shores and she is allowed to get away with it.
“Our youths need positive role models and people who can make a meaningful contribution to our society and Amy doesn’t fit into this.” (ANI)
- Winehouse had plans to adopt? - Aug 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Is Amy Winehouse dating a horse-riding instructor in St.Lucia? - Jul 12, 2009
- St. Lucia official brands Amy Winehouse 'tattooed reptile' - Jun 19, 2009
- Posthumous Amy Winehouse album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse offered free booze to go back to St Lucia - May 19, 2010
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Cyrus dating British actor? - Feb 05, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's house robbed after her death - Aug 11, 2011
- Is Winehouse planning to adopt St Lucian child? - Apr 19, 2009
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Winehouse plans to adopt - Apr 19, 2009
Tags: caribbean island, citizen, citizens, drugs, english government, flood, fortune, grammy award winner, insider, june 21, london, meaningful contribution, nastiness, news of the world, positive role models, rj, settling, st lucia, tens of thousands