Amy Winehouse named worst dressed female celebrityJune 11th, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 11 (ANI): Amy Winehouse has been named the worst dressed female celebrity in a poll.
Conducted by Lakeside Shopping Centre, in Thurrock, Essex, the poll has also revealed that showing off a flabby midriff is considered the most shocking offence among six out of 10 Britons.
Shell-suits tucked into socks, G-strings showing, head-to-toe animal prints, muffin tops, black shoes with white socks and the mullet haircut are all on the list of what not to wear.
While Amy Winehouse topped the worst dressed poll for her dishevelled 1950s style, Jodie Marsh and Peaches Geldof were in second and third places respectively.
With his pseudo-Victorian garb, Russell Brand has been picked as the worst-dressed male, followed closely by Michael Jackson, Simon Cowell and Mickey Rourke.
The poll has also unearthed fashion skeletons of more than 1,000 Britons.
Shell-suits emerged as the most disastrous item for men, while puffball skirts topped the poll of closet catastrophes for women, just ahead of shoulder pads.
“When it comes to crimes against fashion, we’ve all been guilty of the odd misdemeanour - but there’s no excuse for sloppy dressing,” the Daily Express quoted Angela Poplett, Lakeside’s personal shopper, as saying. (ANI)
- Cheryl Cole 'Best-Dressed Celeb' - Apr 05, 2010
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's dress sold for £43,200 - Nov 30, 2011
- Shellsuit voted worst fashion trend of 1980s - May 10, 2010
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Winehouse donates clothes to charity - Mar 09, 2011
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- Mullet hairstyle voted ''Most Cringeworthy Craze Of All Time'' - Nov 21, 2008
- Shell suit voted worst fashion crime of the '80s - May 05, 2010
- Guess who all made it to 2010's fashion faux pas list? - Dec 27, 2010
- Amy Winehouse's 'underwear cleaning addiction' - Mar 09, 2011
- Winehouse's father to write Amy's memoir - Oct 12, 2011
- Robert Pattinson named best dressed celeb of 2009 - Jan 05, 2010
- Katie Price named world's worst-dressed woman - May 03, 2011
- Gaultier defends Winehouse-inspired show - May 05, 2012
Tags: 1950s style, animal prints, black shoes, britons, daily express, female celebrity, g strings, garb, mickey rourke, midriff, misdemeanour, mullet haircut, personal shopper, puffball, russell brand, shell suits, shoulder pads, simon cowell, thurrock, white socks